We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Mifi Rental

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Paris Mifi Rental

Does anyone know how and where can I rent a mifi that can be collected at CDG airport? I found one from www.tepwireless.com but the airport pick up point will be in london heathrow and not CDG airport. Tried to change the pick up airport but seems like this is impossible. Need help on this please. Thanks in advance.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.86*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,256 reviews
from US$105.89*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
534 reviews
from US$43.82*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
666 reviews
from US$108.32*
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

Have you checked the standard Verizon and ATT charges? Also, most hotels will have wifi, and many restaurants and coffee shops as well. And here's something my travel companion used on our last trip:

http://www.viber.com/

Hopefully someone with some tech knowledge will come along to help--I'm pretty useless, but at least this will bump your post.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

I am renting a mifi from French Connection right now. I had mine sent to my hotel, but you can also

collect it at the Post Office at CDG. http://frenchconnection.fr/06_faq.aspx

Edited: 24 September 2013, 22:10
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

Thank you mcal3K and AAL08. I have checked the Verizon and ATT but they are both only available on contract terms and not for short period of time. I only need this mifi device for about 10 days whilst in Paris, hence they are not suitable for me.

Yes many hotels and cafes are providing free wifi but the connection normally not that good since many devices are sharing the same line plus we only get good connection at certain areas like lobby etc. I prefer a mifi so that i can get internet connection even when in park, garden, outside building etc.

I am now checking the French Connection and hope this one works for me. Feeling incomplete without the internet these days hoho

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

There's free WiFi in all the parks.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

You can also download an app to search for WiFi spots or locate those near wherever you are.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

Dear djkbooks, how about public area like around the eiffel tower? and shopping malls? museums? metro stations?

I know that many places got wifi but not all are free. Some of them you would need to subscribe or become member or sign up an account with the wifi service provider and these always cost money. Just like the one at Heathrow Airport, London.

But if there is really free wifi all over Paris (with good connection) then maybe i would consider not to rent mifi when there hehe.

Irvine, California
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

You can try out Xcom Global mifi rentals. They give coverage around the entire city and country. Whats better is that you can share a device with multiple people because it connects 10 devices at once. It's small and compact so it was easy to carry with me all day in a small bag. Anytime we stopped to rest or eat I would just turn it on and my cell phone would automatically connect to the MiFi network after the initial set up.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

This is a common mistake that English-speakers make. Les faux amis at work. Free Wifi is the name of a company in France (like Orange, SFR, Bouygues, etc). It means that, if you are a customer of Free Wifi, you can get coverage in Paris parks. Something like using ATT Wireless at Starbucks in the US.

9. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 15:05
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Mifi Rental

Lividdavid,

Not so, unless there has been a very recent change. The city of Paris provides no cost wifi in parks, city buildings and installations.

As for the suggestion immediately above this post... the chap has 6 posts all regarding the same service sotake his recommendation with a grain of salt.

Edited: 08 March 2014, 13:11