We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street performers

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Street performers

What area should I visit in the evening to see street performers?

Any other ideas how to spend the evenings with the family are most welcome. My kids are 6 and 10 years old.

Thank you

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street performers

assuming you are going in the next few months (July-Oct) you will probably find some entertainment around:

- the small bridge behind Notre Dame

- the Arc du Carrousel at the Louvre

- on the steps at Sacre Coeur

- on the plaza off rue Rivoli to the side of the Louvre

- the big plaza in front of Pompidou

other evening activities with kids?

- Seine cruise

- go to the movies

- Friday night rollerblade event (it's late, though - starts at 10pm)

- Eiffel at night when the flashing/strobes come on (top of the hour)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street performers

You'll also see them in a lot of trains - and in the stations, especially Opera and Gare de l'Est ....there was a very impressive skateboard challenge at the Trocadero...

Do a search on this website - I know there's been a lot of discussion about activities for kids.....

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street performers

You'll also find street performers at Place St-Michel and Place St-André-des-Arts in the 5th/6th in the evening.

A minor caution: The crowds gathered round street performers can be targeted by pick-pockets as their attention is distracted and they are less likely to react to being jostled. Not a major worry. Just a reminder to keep your wits about you and your wallet safe!

There are often small carnival rides around the Place de la Bastille and rue de Rivoli/rue St. Antoine area near the Saint-Paul métro station.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,813 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street performers

A common summer night activity for our family is to take a picnic and hang out on a local lawn playing frisbee, badminton or soccer (great way to end up playing with local kids). The Champs de Mars, at the foot of the Eiffel Tower is often full of others with the same idea. For a more local crowd we usually end up at Breteuil, behind the Invalides.

Our kids are happy to stroll the St Germain des Pres/Buci market/Odeon area at night.

NOTE ; The Friday night roller blade is really recommended for very competant skaters and I would not consider it safe for my 6 yr. old. If your family likes ot blade together, the Sunday rides are a much better option.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street performers

re: Pari-rollers - I only meant to go watch, not to join in! It's very fast-paced.

Malta
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street performers

Thank you all for your valuable contributions.

We will be arriving in Paris on Wednesday the 12th. All the family is excited now, not just me!!

Anybody who feels like adding any information about a family holiday in Paris is most welcome!

Off the track ideas are especially appreciated.

Thank you again.

Malta
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street performers

By the way, I hope France will win the World Cup. They deserve it and it will make the Holiday more special!!

GOOD LUCK

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Street performers

I read in a guidebook that there is often something entertaining going on in the Trocadero Square area in the evenings. Is this true?

9. Re: Street performers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 02:18