We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

Hi,

I would like to take the train from CDG to Porte Clichy as my hotel is right in front or walking distance from the Porte Clichy station. How long would the travel time be? And how many train changes do I need to do? I would also appreciate it if you guys can tell me which trains to take. Thank you! :-)

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

The train will involve two transfers so not a good option. I would suggest you take RER B from the airport to Gare du Nord. Then you take bus 54 outside Gare du Nord (on rue de Dunkerque) in the direction of Asnières-Gennevilliers - Gabriel Péri and get off at Porte de Clichy.

Interactive RER and métro map: www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

Interactive bus map: www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/cartebus.php…

Note that you will need an RER ticket to Paris + a ticket t+ for the bus. It should take less than an hour total from the RER platform at CDG to your hotel.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 16:54
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

perfect advice from Mfm

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

There is a long way to do it with only one transfer and minimal walking -- RER B to Saint Michel, RER C from Saint Michel to Porte de Clichy.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

wow! that would add at least 30 minutes travel time!

line C is very slow between St Michel and the north of Paris.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

Thanks all for your reply! Initially, I was considering doing kerouac2's method. But seems like MFM's suggestion takes less time. However, I'm kind of cautious in taking the bus because I'm afraid I might get lost. My hotel is just right across the port clichy station, so I think from there I can easily navigate to my hotel. Would you suggest I take an airport shuttle? If so, how much do you think it will cost? Or perhaps a taxi?

Farmington, New...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

dont waste your money on a taxi. My hisband and I will be in Paris for 10-16 to 10-24. Take RER B and then the bus. you wont get lost ant it will be faster, and less expensive. I took a taxi ONCE from the airport (my first time in paris) and it was over 100 euros. I would much rather have a few lovely meals or a great pair of boots!

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

Over €100! Normally it shouldn't exceed €60. Are you sure you didn't take one of those weird limos by mistake?

8. Re: Train from CDG to Porte Clichy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:17