We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching
3 posts
Save Topic
Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

My flight to from Brussels to Toronto at 1015 on 15 november. On 14 November I m still in Paris so I booked Thalys high speed train depart from Paris nord to Brussels Airport ON THE NEXT DAY 15 NOVEMBER the earliest trip 0625 and arrived airport 0820. So will it be too risky of missing my flight as there is only 2 hours cushion before my flight to Toronto depart? Will thalys delay and I miss my flight? I'm in a dilemma of burning my pre booked thalys ticket and buy a day earlier ticket to Brussels airport or just stick to it. Please help!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

There is no answer to this question.. this is a choice you have to make. Its a big risk.. there could be a weather related delay, strike, train problem.. or you could get there on time with no issues. Thalys are usually quite prompt but not 100%.

IMO I would not risk it, I would take a train the day before. The last thing I would want before getting a long flight is stress.

Good luck

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

A new Thalys ticket will cost a LOT less than a new ticket to Toronto! Travel the 14th.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

Like the others, I would suggest traveling on the 14th. However, there is one earlier train departing at 6:01 that hets you to the airport at 7:51. Not a big difference, but 30 minutes extra leeway. If push comes to shove, at the very least see about changing to the earlier train.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

Have you checked how long before scheduled departure your airline rwquires you to check-in. Aso, bear in mind that, even if the train is perfectly on time, arrival at the airport station is not the same as being at check-in.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,481 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

I won't mention the time I was on a Thalys from Amsterdam to Paris that came in 5 hours late when someone threw themselves on the tracks and suicided near Rotterdam.

2 hours at the train station (not even check in) before an international departure? I wouldn't risk it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,051 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

This kind of question shocks me. Can't you calculate time? When you were buying your Thalys ticket didn't you see arriving time at Brussels?

All intercontinental flights require 3 hours check-ins.

Kuching
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

I checked. It's 1 hour before the luggage check in counter close. Thanks anyway. :)

Kuching
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

The luggage drop off counter close an hour before departure. Thanks for ur reply. Appreciate it

9. Re: Paris to Brussels Airport via Thalys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:18