We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

South Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation

Hi, We are a couple in our late 50's from Australia looking for accomodation for April next year. We have been recommended two places:

Cosmo's Hotel: www.cosmos-hotel-paris.com/en,1,6436.html

and Hotel Jeanne d'arc: http://hoteljeannedarc.com/?lang=en

Any thoughts or other recommendations. Trying to keep the cost under 100 euro per night

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

Hotel Jeanne d'Arc has been popular for years and very well located by the St Paul metro and Place des Vosges...

Cosmos is in an area often recommended for people interested in bar-hopping (Oberkampf), also a nice area but less central for walking to things.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

I've had a few people stay at tHE Cosmos...really nice hotel ( small but clean rooms).

The are is great.

South Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation

Further to my origional post. Comos's is 72 euro per night and Hotel Jeanne d'Arc is 98 euro per night. Is it worth the extra 26 euro. We are staying 4 nights

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation

As I mentioned above, convenience vs cost... don't think we can decide for you. Do the TA reviews help at all?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation

Difficult.

The Jeanne is a bit more central ......and looks a bit more "chic".

Check reviews as said by taveln.

Honestly? if you are asking the question I say go with the less expensive one...it's good and you'll love the area ( some fab bars and restaurants).

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,239 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation

I gather that the rooms at the Jeanne d'Arc are often considered to be tiny by American and Antipodean standards, but I have heard plenty of good reports about the place.

7. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20