We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help? Paris Proposal

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Please help? Paris Proposal

Hi there,

I am planning on taking my girlfriend to Paris in the next month to propose.

Any advice on where is a romantic place to get on one knee? I would like to do something different. I read on here about a tour boat from Pont Nuef that takes you under a bridge and the guide explains how the boat is about to go under a certain bridge and the custom is to close your eyes and make a wish.

Apart from the obvious ones like the eiffel tower etc I would also be open to perhaps a nice restaurant with a balcony or a nice spot next to the river Seine?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

You might find your perfect idea among all these:

http://goo.gl/N5SDBD

(TA forum search: "proposal")

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Thank you!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Hi there

This is off topic but how romantic! Montmartre - outside Scare Coeur - with Paris before you? Beats how I was proposed - at the pub!

Kind Regards

Merran

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,065 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

I'm with you... mine was at home over breakfast. The only saving grace was that at the time our dining room over looked the Eiffel Tower.

I like the eues clised under the bridge idea.

If you want more original that the ET, why not take her to Versailles and get on your knees in the Whall of Mirrors?

Or go for really original and make it a scene on a metro. The Line 14, at the glass window in the very front, he tracks rolling below and the knowledge that now, the two of you will always have Paris.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Hi there

Phread that sounds marvellous. Right now for him to get home, book some tickets and do it all over again! LOL!

Kind Regards

Merran

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Thanks for getting back to me, I like the under the bridge idea but I am worried that it wont work out the way I hope it will.

I have read about a place called Palais de Chaillot?? It overlooks the ET and is meant to be beautiful.

I am planning on having a few options encase one doesn't feel right etc.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

There was a thread on here a while back where someone had a photographer secretly follow them around taking pictures of them & also as he proposed. Try a forum search for ''proposal'' & you should find it somewhere in the depths of the forum

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Tulloch can I ask where you are staying?

Also, out of curiousity, where would you propose in wondeful Glasgow?

Can you tell us a little about the lucky lass?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

The Pont Alexandre III, either at night with the Eiffel Tower twinkling at the hour, or at sunset. Second choice would be next to the Seine at the tip of the Ile de la Cite (Louvre and Pont des Arts side). Third choice, Place Dauphine on the Ile de la Cite, just off the Pont Neuf. The steps in front of Sacre Coeur are a circus of tourists and aggressive vendors.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help? Paris Proposal

Not sure what your budget is like but here are tow suggestions:

1. Yachts de Paris (see their website and also review here on TA) as another meber did it.

I also am booked on this evening Seine River dinner cruise. It is intimate and dark, and moody, not like the other cruises. With a 5 course degustation dinner and a professional photographer on board to snap your photo for 40 euro as the yacht is in front of the Eiffel tower twinkling and illuminated.

Secondly, there is a glass horse drawn carriage called the Cinderella Carriage which costs the earth (but hey, you may be financially in a position to do it) everyone has a different idea of what is expensive. I think the service comapny is called a manstouch or something like that. Good luck!