We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

My husband and I will be at the Viking Spirit for embarkation at 9AM on June 8, 2014. According to our travel agent, we can board & Viking will store our luggage. Would we be able to visit the Eiffel Tour at 10 AM and go to 2nd floor & Summit & be back at the Viking for lunch? Lunch is served from 11:30 to 1:00 PM. What would be the fastest way to travel back & forth from the Eiffel Tower? Thank you for any assistance.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

It is one RER stop on line C between your embarkation and Eiffel Tower + some walking to the stop and to the ET. If you can simply dump your luggage- probably yes, but you have to have your ET tickets bought online in advance and it depends how much time you will stay up there before returning for lunch.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

Thank you. Is it easy to take a cab from where the Viking Spirit is docked.? It is at the Pont de Grenelle/Quai de Grenelle.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

I don't think a taxi would accept such a ride, it's too short. It's only a few minutes' walk to the Eiffel Tower. If you walk the stairs or have an advance ticket you will have time to go, otherwise I doubt you would be back for your lunch. The problem with buying the ticket ahead is you must show up at the exact time so if the boat docks late for whatever reason you will miss your time slot and there is no refund. If you can handle the stairs it is by far the safest bet.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
973 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

On a Sunday morning (re your other post) it's highly probable that there won't be any cabs in the area (unless one bringing other passengers to the ship); but the cruise company will be able to call one for you and it should be there in less than 10 minutes. It's a fairly short drive from the boat mooring to the Eiffel Tower and cost should be around 10-12 € (taking into account the Sunday surcharge and the fact that the meter runs from the moment the taxi receives the call).

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

Oh sorry I misread your post. You are embarking, not arriving by boat. Please disregard my previous post then (I cannot remove it from the mobile version of TA).

6. Re: Arrival at Viiking Spirtit on Seine River in Paris at 9 AM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:19