We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

I'm planning a trip to Paris in December. Please advice whether to book 58 Tour Eiffel restaurant online. It's 76.50 euro including lift ticket to first floor. I'm thinking of 24 Dec at 6:30pm booking. 9pm reservation is full.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually include the lift ticket to the first floor.

I ate at Le Jules Verne and I really really loved it. I was originally going to book at 58 tour eiffel, but a few things put me off of it. For one, lift ticket is not included. For two, with all that money, it's still not a fancy dinner. The napkins are paper, and it's a huge, fairly crowded restaurant. The views aren't that great from the first floor either. If you want to go to the second floor, it can be difficult to get an elevator back up from the first floor - they recommend going to the 2nd floor first. However when you go to present yourself to the restaurant to buy your lift ticket, you can only do that about 1/2 hour before your reservation, which hardly gives you any time on the 2nd floor.

If you can't afford Le Jules Verne, I would suggest Le Ciel de Paris instead for dinner. It's on the 65th (or is it 56th?) floor of the Montparnasse tower and it has a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower. If I remember correctly, their full menu is E65.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 12:17
Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

According to their website, lift ticket for the 1st floor of the Eiffel Tower is included in the dinner menu price.

Perth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

Yes. The lift ticket is now included in the reservation.

Has anyone been to 58 Eiffel last few months? Do you get window seats for the normal booking (not premier)

The restaurant had mixed review in few forum.

I couldn't decide. 24 dec 9pm is fully booked, 6:30 still available but I don't think it will last long.

Do we allow to stay pass 9pm?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

It's been almost 2 years since we had dinner at 58 (when the lift tickets were not included yet) and while we don't regret it (this was my husbands first time up on the Eiffel Tower) it was a little crowded and "touristy" - but I did expect that so it wasn't a big deal for us. We did get window seats without doing premier but honestly couldn't see much out because of the glare from the lights.

I am pretty sure you would have to leave for the 9 p.m. seating but you are allowed to stay outside on the 1st platform and enjoy the view (assuming you can stand the cold/wind)

There was a small skating rink when we were there (2nd week of Dec) and we took our time to take night time photos since it was a beautiful clear evening. We also took the stairs down since the line for the down elevator was just too long for us to wait in the cold.

Oh and we did the early seating as well since it'll be dark by 4:30 p.m. in December.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 15:58
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

I would bet money you are ushered out of the restaurant no later than 8:45 pm. That's generally what two seatings means.

It's good to hear they changed their lift ticket policy, because I thought it was rather bizarre.

I wouldn't do it, personally. Did you check out the other restaurant? They don't have late december dates up on their reservation system yet, however, so you would probably have to email to find out if they are open that night.

http://www.cieldeparis.com/en/

California
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

I had dinner here as part of a package (Moulin rouge show / seine river cruise / Eiffel tower deal), and honestly, I was not that impressed with the food. The view and location are of course, spectacular, but in my mind, I would have much rather forked over more for Jules Verne or gone to dinner elsewhere and just bought a separate ticket for the tower. This was a few years ago and perhaps it was just the "fixed" menu because we were part of a group, but I was really not that impressed. I will say though, everything does seem to taste just a wee bit better when you're dining at the Eiffel Tower.

NJ
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

I agree with doing just the tower and eating somewhere else. We had lunch there as part of a full day tour so I am not sure if it is the same with individual reservations. The food was served in a pyrex type bowl with a plastic lid. Our bread was in a paper bag and the desert which was the best part of the meal was served in a plastic tray. I didn't expect 5 star dining but I have had better meals at food courts. There is literally no ambience in the restaurant itself. It is painted the same brown as the rest of the tower. We had a window table and if it wasn't for that it would have been a HUGH disappointment.

Perth
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

Thank.

Cielde booking not available yet till another week or two.

Does the restaurant has child set menu for under 12?

What are the chances getting windows seats?

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

There isn't a bad seat in the house at Ciel de Paris. The windows are floor to ceiling. The ones further from the windows are on a raised platform a couple of feet up so the view is still unobstructed.

I didn't eat there for dinner, we only had breakfast there. They charged my son half for his meal. Their menus were all online :-)

10. Re: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18