We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

We are staying on Rue Git Le Coeur and are looking for an atmospheric café or brasserie preferably within walking distance (would rather not deal with the metro on NYE) for dinner NYE. We'd like someplace that we can reserve ahead of time and that WON'T be doing anything different for NYE in that we'd like to be able to order off their usual menu, have an enjoyable meal and then do what we want to do (or don't) want to do after dinner. We don't want to be locked into an expensive "special" menu. 2 of us and we'd like to keep it under 100 euros including wine, but can be a bit flexible with cost. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

Bump---hoping to get a couple of specific recommendations. Thanks much for any responses.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

Check out Le Balzar.

It's hard to give really precise advice as most places haven't revealed their menus (or not) for NYE.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

One final bump in the hope of getting a couple of specific recommendations. We're willing to budget up to 75 euro per person, but would of course prefer to spend less. Looking at my map our hotel is very close to the St. Michel metro. Thanks very much for any replies.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

You could try the Bouillon Racine restaurant on rue Racine, about a 5-10 minute walk uphill from your hotel. The decor is quite original and the food was quite good too, although I haven't eaten there in about 3 years. Their website is in English and you can book online. They don't say anything about NYE though.

www.bouillon-racine.com/en/home/index.html

Edit: I prefer the upstairs dining room.

Edited: 29 November 2013, 15:21
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

Brasserie Balzar is not too far away on rue des Ecoles, and will be open. www.brasseriebalzar.com/en/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,040 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

We've been eating here once each trip but I'm not sure of their NYE schedule ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1…

Pjk

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

You know, the metro, RER and bus network are completely free on New Year's eve (from 17:00 on the 31st to 12:00 on the 1st).

Today when going to the movies at Bercy Village, I noticed that Chai 33 has an excellent New Year's menu for 75€ which only costs 63.75€ if you reserve before December 15. There will also be entertainment and a DJ for the evening.

http://www.chai33.com/

I think New Year's at Cour Saint Emilion could be really cool, due to all of the restaurants and bars there.

Edited: 29 November 2013, 18:20
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

Oooh. Another vote for Chai! I had lunch there last month and it was excellent...plus it's a nice setting.

I have to put my 2 centimes in on Brasserie Balzar -- I used to go there at least once on every trip since the 80's and have sent many friends who also enjoyed it. I stopped going there about 6 or 7 years ago after I had a lousy meal. I gave it another try the following year on the assumption that the chef had had a bad hair day, but it was equally awful. So, no more Brasserie Balzar for moi!

I am also not a fan of Bouillon Racine and often see it recommended on TA. The food just isn't good. I suppose it has an interesting decor, but the food is more important to me. I had a great dessert there once though :-)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
124 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

Thanks very much for the recommendations. I'll be looking in to each of them today!

10. Re: New Years Eve Dinner Latin Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 06:18