We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Any recommendations please? We are looking for fancy but nothing over 100 euro.

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

We are looking for anything that is like the beautiful les ambassadeurs restaurant and we are staying on rue de balzac..if this helps with recommendations.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Can you clarify a little more? Is that your budget per person, and does it include wine? If you want someplace as fancy as Les Ambassadeurs, I'm afraid it will cost a good bit more, especially in this neighborhood. Are you willing to travel, or do you want to stay near your hotel? The more information you can give, the easier it would be for someone to respond.

Hotels will certainly be serving during the holidays, but many smaller restaurants could be closed, and unfortunately, a lot of them won't make their decisions until December.

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

The most we are willing to travel is 30-40 minutes by walking...it will just be my mother and I and our first time celebrating the holidays without family. We understand the nice restaurants can be pricey but considering its christmas we are willing to pay :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Have a look at Le Bristol, Le Meurice, Le Cinq and Drouant - all these are within 20 mins walking from your hotel. Lunch will be considerably less expensive, so you could splurge more reasonably - if that makes sense. I know the first 3 will be open for Christmas, but not sure about Drouant. In any case, you will need to reserve very soon for any of these. I would recommend any of them for the type of ambiance and food you're looking for.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Is Les Ambassadeurs closed on Christmas eve? It's rather one-of-a-kind, and it's certainly walkable from Rue de Buci, if you can walk 30 minutes, it's not so far. It would be a beautiful walk. Take a taxi on the way back, right? Make it a special evening - you will never regret it.

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

They are saying it is closed due to construction of the hotel...and thank you pattyinparis...I will look into your recommendations :)

Edited: 20 October 2013, 00:13
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Le Bristol can be seen in Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris, I believe. It's lovely and shown in the scene near the beginning where Owen Wilson goes to lunch with fiancée and her parents. I've always wanted to go there.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Right, the Crillon is a big construction site, so no hope for Les Ambassadeurs in the next 2 years...

Another thought is Le Grand Vefour, near Palais Royal. I have been for lunch and dinner, and the atmosphere at night is much more "atmospheric". The food was outstanding, both times.

I only got to go to Le Bristol because someone else was footing the bill - but I would gladly go again!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Won't all these places be over the 100€ the OP has mentioned??

Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: christmas eve/christmas day dinner

Thank you pattyinparis. ..I appreciate your response and am looking up both restaurants now. :)