We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes and baby shopping

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes and baby shopping

Hi!

I'm looking for recommendations on markets or outlets where you could buy inexpensive clothes in Paris. Are there any good ones? I would also love to get recommendations on places to buy baby clothes and toys.

Thanks a lot in advance! :-)

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

Where will you be staying Ruthie?

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

Our hotel is in 3 Rue Pergolese Paris. But we will use the metro to go around.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

Le Coin des Marques has a few places around Paris with cheaper 'outlet' style clothes. If you come to the one on rue des martyrs you also have a couple of stores on rue Clauzel and rue Navarin with cheaper baby clothes. There is also a branch of Sergent Majeur on the rue des Martyrs. A great area to wander around anyway!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,457 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

We have bought nice things for our grandchildren from OBaibi, the website shows several branches in Paris.

Quincy
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

Du Pariel au Meme has beautiful baby and childrens' closthes. There are many of these stores all over Paris. I never come home from Paris without something from here!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

Rue Vavin (on the southern tip of Parc du Luxembourg) is well known for its very numerous baby & kid clothing stores. They tend to be on the higher end though (even more so for the local Bonpoint store which is on rue de Tournon, on the northern side of the Parc).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

re baby clothes: I really like the styles and quality/price at Monoprix with outlets all over town. There is a small shop on rue Rochechouart that sells the owner's own designs which are made in the neighborhood. Great fabrics (one Eiffel Tour print) and classic styles. www.eva-koshka.com/our-shop-in-paris.htm The women's chain Cyrillus also has a good children's department. http://www.cyrillus.com/en/girls.htm

Here is a general list but most are very pricey. travelandleisure.com/articles/…2

Edited: 25 October 2013, 15:39
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,340 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

I also love DPAM, as mentioned above there are a number of shops around the city. The prices are pretty reasonable and the clothes are colorful, durable and cute!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

DPAM is close to 100% made in China, something I don't have to leave home to buy. But you have to read labels everywhere, not just DPAM.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes and baby shopping

A couple of years ago, my sister-in-law visited and one of her principal missions was to buy baby clothes and items for her grandchildren. She looked in all of the classic stores (Du pareil au même, etc.) and ended buying every single item (and there were a lot of them) at Carrefour and Auchan hypermarkets where the price and the quality finally matched for her.