We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

I just bought TGV e-tickets from Paris to Marseille and by stupid mistake I have put my first name as last and my last as first. Most likely because they use the terms "forename" and "name" instead of the usual first name and last name. The spelling of the names is correct and also the dates of birth. Should I worry about this?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

No. In all probability, the names will not be checked. Even if they are, the wrong order will not matter.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

No problem as long as it's you, even with your name reversed. The only thing they don't want is resale to completely different people.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

They have never checked our names against any document - sometimes my OH has had my ticket and me his. Even if they did check your name at least is sort of matching. Funny is I did the same thing but caught it before it went through ;)

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

Thank you.

5. Re: Swapping names in TGV train tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18