We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harpenden, Herts
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

I am visiting a friend who lives on Rue de la Plaine next week,Tuesday to Thursday. I will have a hire car as my friend has limited mobility and my days of walking long distances have gone! The road is a 5 minute walk northeast of Nation and southeast of Avron metro.

Can anyone give me information on parking in this area and how much it will cost.

Also I would like to take her out for a drive on Wednesday to somewhere with nice views and a pub lunch. Any ideas?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

Go to maps.google.com and search for Rue de la Plaine, Paris. Then click on "Search nearby" (towards top right) and look for "Parking".

The UK pub lunch does not really exist in France, but there are cafes and restaurants everywhere.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

Sorry. Should be "(towards top left)".

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

Can't help with the parking but if you want to go out for a nice drive in the countryside I'll suggest one possible itinerary, out of several. You're going to need a Michelin map of the Île-de-France region and you want map number 514 of the scale 1:200,000. Head to a bookstore near your friend's place and get one or have them buy one in advance. You'll also need to use the website www.viamichelin.com to get driving instructions to get out of Paris.

Leave Paris at 9AM and head northeast from Paris. Start in the town of Nanteuil-le-Haudouin (no need to stop in this town, it's just a starting point). Then head west on the D330A and go through these towns in this order: Versigny, Baron, Fontaine-Chaalis then pass by the nearby Abbaye de Chaalis, then to Ermenonville, Borest, Mont-l'Evêque, pass by the Abbaye de la Victoire and then end up in Senlis for lunch. After lunch head west a few km and see the château in Chantilly then head back to Paris.

Use this trip report to guide you on the first part of your trip from Nanteuil to Senlis:

http://tinyurl.com/cazwcpx

Use this trip report to guide you between Senlis and Chantilly: http://tinyurl.com/ch2odst

This is only a suggested outline. Alter it at any time as you see fit. You may not want to do all of it as perhaps you might like to pay a visit to the Abbaye de Chaalis or explore the Parc Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Ermenonville. There are nice places to eat in Ermenonville and Senlis. I have no recommendations but just walk around and you'll see places.

Stop at the tourist office in Senlis which is right across from the front of the cathedral and you'll get a tourist map of town and info on all the restaurants in town. There are a few nice places right across from the cathedral or if you want simple pub/café type food just walk a couple blocks south of the cathedral to Place de la Halle.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 11:43
4. Re: Parking near Rue de la Plaine, NE of Nation & day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:19