We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi app - Priority by G7

california
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi app - Priority by G7

I just wanted to let users of the Paris forum know about the great free app from taxi company G7. G7 is one of the top radio taxi companies operating here. And you can make reservations or call for an immediate taxi by using the telephone. They have english speaking operators. But the new feature they offer is an app called "priority" for the iphone. It is fantastic. You order the taxi for immediate arrival or a future time. They show you in real time where the taxi is en route to your pick up. It works very similar to uber but I think is much better. Uber keeps going off line in Paris, so it is not reliable. And much more expensive than using a G7 taxi. The G7 taxi app offers the first two bookings using the app for free. A great deal. Highly recommended.

Level Contributor
8,641 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

we did not use the app but called the English line at G7 and they were prompt in arrival and nice car.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

We booked our G7 taxi online the night before for an early morning pickup to the train station and they were right on time. Very convenient!

Jo

Orleans, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

Be carefull with this taxi compagny: yesterday, I order a taxi using their web site, the cost estimation was about 22€. The taxi was 20 mins late, and the counter already shows a price of 26,90€, I asked to the driver why, he told me that is a rule in Paris when you wait more than 15 mins, because the taxi was contacted a little bit far away from the address were he was. So I paid close to 50€ which is more than the double. It's rule in Paris (more than 15 mins, you pay the travel to come to take you up). But for sure the G7 web side does not mention this... Surprise, surprise... Take metro or bus is quite faster and a lot less of money.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

<<The taxi was 20 mins late, and the counter already shows a price of 26,90€, >>

I have never heard of a taxi showing that late. They are usually 5 to 10 early and do not always wait. An approach fee of 26.90€ is outrageous and you could have refused that taxi and called another.

<< he told me that is a rule in Paris when you wait more than 15 mins, >>

I have never heard of this and I have read all of the rules outlined by the Préfecture de Police. The Préfecture establishes and enforces the rules. It could have been that he showed 5 to 10 minutes early and needed to ¨make the block¨ as he might have been blocking traffic. The second pass could be the reason the approach fee was so high and why he arrived when he did.

<<Be carefull with this taxi compagny:>>

This rules are uniformly followed by all of the dispatch companies. Most of the taxis themselves are actually independently owned and operated.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

I installed both the Uber and G7 apps on my Android ahead of our recent two week stay in Paris.

<<Uber keeps going off line in Paris, so it is not reliable. And much more expensive than using a G7 taxi.>>

I never experienced Uber going off line. And, our fares were less than a taxi, each trip. One huge advantage of Uber is no worries about the initial meter fare or tie click, click, click, of the meter throughout the journey, especially in slow traffic, waiting at traffic signals or to make left turns.

The Uber rates are here

https://www.uber.com/cities/paris

and the G7 rates are here

www.taxisg7.com/more-taxis/paris-taxi-fares

With the G7 "priority" app, there is a 5€ booking fee. And, it really much easier to make a phone call that fill out fields on a phone.

Except for a trip to the airport or early train or a group with bags too large for a standard taxi, there's really no point in booking with an app or a phone call, when you can usually easily find a taxi on the street.

It's definitely true that G7 taxis tend to be a few minutes early, so you should be on the curb and ready to go. Otherwise, if there's no place for the taxi driver to legally stand/park, they will circle the block until you appear.

Also, if you are being picked up on a one-way street, it's far more economical to walk to the corner of the nearest two-way street, so the fare on the meter does not include navigating the one-way streets to get to you.

Orleans, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

I called back the G7 switchboard and the G7 commercial desk, after a long discussion of arguments, both they told me it is a Paris Prefecture rule.

7. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 15:16
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

Here are the taxi rules from the Préfecture de Police:

…gouv.fr/content/download/7247/38065/file/ta…

I am not clear on your specific concern. If the taxi waited with the meter running, the charge is 31.04€ per hour or about 8€ per 15 minute period. There is some detail missing in this scenario which could help explain the outcome. Did the taxi arrive early, which is typical, and did it circle waiting for you to show curbside?

Orleans, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

Yes I missed an important information, it is a special taxi called Horizon by G7, it is equiped for handicap person with a Wheelchair, but the web site says it is the same price as a normal taxi... G7 has 100 taxis for Wheelchair people. The G7 commercial desk told me that no taxi of this kind was available for the appointement, so it arrive 20 mins later, which is more than 15 mins a parisian taxi rule the driver can count the time to approach the location from the location he was when he got the G7 switchboard... uncredible for an handicaped person!!

10. Re: Taxi app - Priority by G7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 15:16