We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris & Normandy Viking River Cruise...any reviews?

Flourtown...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Paris & Normandy Viking River Cruise...any reviews?

My husband and I are thinking about taking an 8 day Viking river cruise from Paris to Giverny, Rouen, Les Andelys, Conflans, and back to Paris in March or April 2014. It includes various guided tours along some free time in each place. Does anyone have experience with Viking Cruises and this itinerary?

We are active 50+ year olds and have traveled a few times to Italy and Germany (not on a cruise), which we loved, and have cruised on ocean liners extensively. I'd be interested to hear what you think of the tours, food, wine, etc. Thank you for your thoughts!

hopatcong
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris & Normandy Viking River Cruise...any reviews?

I have actually done this cruise with my parents (a few years ago). It is a lovely time, and we have done several cruises with Viking. A river cruise is entirely different from ocean cruising, so you really can't compare them. Most excursions are included and are usually walking tours led by local guides, although some can be bus tours. We found the food very good on Viking. The only negative is that this itinerary sails a lot at night, so you are cruising while you are sleeping and miss some of the scenery. Also, if you are a light sleeper (I am not, thankfully) there are quite a few locks to navigate and they can be noisy at times.

Because we went in November, Giverny was closed so Auvers sur Oise was substituted. Another note, the WWI beaches are at least a 45 minute bus ride from Rouen, so you should be prepared for a long day. Viking provides head sets for the tours which allow you to hear the guides better and they worked very well.

I would definitely recommend this cruise, and Viking, especially if you are interested in the history of the area. We did a pre- and post-cruise stay in Paris on our own because we have been to Paris several times.

Best of luck

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris & Normandy Viking River Cruise...any reviews?

There are reviews here of this cruise which may be of interest -

cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/…

3. Re: Paris & Normandy Viking River Cruise...any reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:16