We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

How can I get to Shangri la Paris with the RER from Charles De Gaulle?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,856 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

To get there by RER and Metro would require either 2 changes of line, or else a long walk to change at Gare du Nord. Neither of these are much fun with luggage.

I think your best choice by public transport would be to take the Air France bus to Etoile (Arc de Triomphe) and then take Metro Line 6 to go to Trocadero, which is a couple of blocks from your hotel.

Or you could just walk out of the terminal to the Official taxi rank and take a taxi for around €50.

You need to become familiar with the journey planner at www.ratp.fr

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

Easiest way is by Taxi from CDG airport. After getting your luggage and exiting in the concourse, look for signs "taxi"

They are outside the terminal. Do NOT ACCEPT offers from people inside the terminal that pretend to be taxi drivers.

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

if you are staying at the Shangri la either taxi or they will arrange a private transfer to meet you at airport. Public transport as described above is not fun but can save some money but this does not sound like a budget trip.

USA
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

We didn't find public transport to be all that difficult. But we did have carryon size suitcases only.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

If you can afford the Shangri la surely the 50-60 euros for a taxi is affordable?

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

"If you can afford the Shangri la surely the 50-60 euros for a taxi is affordable?"

Not necessarily!

When I was living in France I had clients wealthy enough to have several homes with 2-3 full time staff in each. BUT when they came down from Paris to their home in Dordogne they always called me the day before, or first thing in the morning, and asked me to pick them up at a rail station 60 km away or at an airport 30 km away.

They hated wasting money on a taxi...

I didn't mind as my boss paid for whatever gas I used during the week...

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

I don't think I would have liked your clients, 3conils! I suppose they considered you one of their servants.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

That's the difference between 'afford' and 'cheap'! ;^)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

They certainly could have afforded a cab...they were just cheap. ;^)

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to I get to the Shangri la Paris from Charles Degualle

I don't think any "cheap" travelers are staying at the Shangri-la Hotel. I honestly have seldom seen rates at a hotel that approach those charged at this hotel...even the rooms with no view. I seriously doubt too many of their guests arrive off the street after taking multiple trains from the airport. If it were one express train it would make sense as that traffic is awful but I think there are transfers involved which makes a taxi the best option.