We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower wait times

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower wait times

Hi,

I'm going to be in Paris on November 23 and I'd like to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I plan to buy my ticket in advance to avoid waiting in the ticket line while there. How long should I expect to wait in line for the elevators? Do I take two different elevators to get to the top?

Also, I've read a bit about skip-the-line tickets. Are there such a thing? If so, how much time do they save and where can I buy them?

Thank you!

James

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

Online tickets go on sale 3 mths in advance- act fast if you are lucky.

You're committed to the time slot, no matter the weather, but won't have to wait in line.

First lift goes to second level, and then another one to the top.

I don't know what waiting lines would be, usually those coming before opening wait shorter and then crowd thickens as day progress'.

Skip-the-line is much more expensive choice.

Edited: 08 November 2013, 00:28
Level Contributor
7,677 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

skip the line tours do just that so amount of time saved just depends on how long the lines are. At the end of Oct. the lines even on a rainy ugly night were awful. We did not go to the top but that line was a killer too. Don't know about Nov. It seems like the online regular tickets go pretty fast so make sure you can get them and then decide if skip the line is worth it to you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'skip-the-lines tickets' - but there's a very interesting tour called 'Behind the scenes' (seee: tour-eiffel.fr/en/…visite-coulisses ) which allows you to go and see with a guide the historic bunker below Champ de Mars and the lift machinery below ET and, at the end of the tour, you 'skip the line' to the lift and go to 2nd floor where the tour ends, and then you're free to stay as long as you wish.

This tour is very interesting but it's not only a 'skip the line' thing; you'll discover what many people won't see and know about. BTW, I think that going up to the 3rd floor isn't really a must-do, particularly at the end of November. In fact, I think that the view and photo opportunities from the 2nd floor are better than from the 3rd

Level Contributor
7,677 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

the one we used was Fat Tire Tours and they have a tour or just the ticket...seems like about 32 Euro vs 14.50 euro. You do walk right in with this ticket and at busy times it is worth it. It is a gamble as to what the line will be like so depends on your tolerance for lines and when you are going.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
96 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

How much would be the waiting time (an average time) normally at about 8pm in the evening on a public holiday (this monday 11 nov) pls?

6. Re: Eiffel Tower wait times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:16