We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

I know that it is too early for some of you, but those who are planning a Christmas trip to Paris are generally chomping at the bit already, so here is my little video of the Galeries Lafayette decorations that were inaugurated this week: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCDCXxdxfs4#t=88

For more photos, you can check out the full report here: http://tinyurl.com/md2ffu3

I am working on my video of the Printemps windows and will add it as soon as possible.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 17:45
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

That's awesome, kerouac2 - thank you.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

It's never too early (or late) for pictures of Paris, especially these wonderful Christmas displays.

Thanks for posting!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

Amazing!! Thanks!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

This made our morning. I had no idea. I knew the decorations would be awesome - but, wow! (And so lovingly filmed, Kerouac). Thank you for taking your time in filming and then editing this (glad to see you moving into motion pictures).

Paris, France
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

nice job, old man

Jacksonville...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

Thank you! I am traveling to Paris for the first time during this holiday season. Your video added to my excitement!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

I just hope that the makeover of BHV/Marais will finally bring us some good windows there.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

Thanks for the nice videos, kerouac - glad you were able to get there before the crowds did. I remember seeing a story on TV here about the mastermind behind the animated displays. Designers do all the costumes, but he's the one who makes things really interesting.

Especially liked Chef Ratatouille, dragging in the "Homard a la sauce Marilyn"...and the cat with clock-eyes, too!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

There's one character whom I missed in the video, even though I thought his animation was the best. I have a still photo of him, but I might go back just to capture him in movement.

Level Contributor
8,117 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas decorations of boulevard Haussmann 2013

kerouac2...thank you for the great video of these windows...I really miss this kind of experience at the holidays..we don't have much any more just increased shopping hours. Makes me want to go to Paris for Christmas someday.