We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

I understand there is a fantastic firework show at the Eiffel Tower for Bastille Day. What time do they start? I know here in NYC it is mobbed on the fourth of July for our fireworks. I have two children with me and don't want to get trapped in a big crowd.....we just had a bad experience at a Met/Yankee game during a rain delay!!!! Thanks

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

The year we were there with our youngsters the fireworks started late, around 11:30, they were advertised to start around 10pm. We didn't brave the crowds around the tower, but I would guess any view of the tower would give you a full view.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

The fireworks are on The Trocadero opposite TTE. The best viewing point IMO is along the left bank quay or if you want to see the fireworks and TTE on the grass at Champs du Mars.

Its busy and always starts later than they advertise. They shut a few bridges around TTE and the metros are always a nightmare after. Its always seemed very safe to me, even with large crowds and its some fireworks display, lasting 45mins or so.

Long Island New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

Thanks for the info....I reallly appreciate it......what does TTE stand for?

Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

July 14th has come & gone and, like us, you migh be home by now. Just wanted to post this for anyone else travelling to Paris to watc h future fireworks displays. Although the display is gorgeous, and choreographed to Mozart music (at least in '06) like a beautiful ballet, the city Metro does not accommodate the thousands (maybe 20K people around Trocadero & the Eiffel Tower that night?) of people afterwards.

After the show ended (it went from about 11-12 midnight), my friends and I and our children joined the huge crowds of people standing in line at the Metro stop Bir-Hakeim, as they had closed down several other surrounding Metro stops (?!). People cut in line, the children grew tired, etc. We finally got into the station at 12:40 and caught our 1st connection, taking us to somewhere near the Champs Elysee. Then the Metro shut down, at about 12:50am, as usual; never mind all the families, single women, and invalids trying to get home or back to their hotels safely. No accommodation from the city whatsoever. Very irresponsible of the city.

We and our children walked back from the Champs Elysee for 2 hours through the red light district to our Montmartre hotel. NOT OKAY. All of the taxis were taken already. Most buses had stopped.

If you have children, I strongly suggest that ou either arrange a taxi ahead of time or see the fireworks from somewhere closer to home... We had no idea we were going to be stranded and it was not fair to the children.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

Parissunset,

Thanks for the commentary. I will be there next year for the fireworks and want to do it from a boat. I didn't know which boat tour to take and thought I would do one that docks by the ET but even though I will not have children with me I do not want to be stranded at the end of a long night. Now I will reserve a boat tour closer to my apartment and further from the crowd even though it my compromise the view of fireworks.

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

Do es anyone know if you get a good view of the fireworks from Sacre-Coeur? If so, are the crowds very bad?

T

7. Re: Best spot for Eiffel Tower fireworks 7/14?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 08:20