We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to figure out Paris weather

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Topic
Trying to figure out Paris weather

I am planning a trip to Paris and weather is really important as we have 2 kids with 2 strollers. Rain would be a bummer and long ques too!

We did rain in Tokyo and it wasn't as fun on the 2 days that it rained the WHOLE day.

We like gardens and parks as well.

Would March or April be better?

Is everything open in March?

Would we see flowers bloom in March or early April?

We don't mind cold weather.

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

There's no way to predict a forecast months in advance. And actually, it is very difficult to predict whether or not it will rain even 24 hours in advance in the Paris region and northern France in general. Paris weather is notoriously unpredictable. None of the major tourist sites will be closed in March. April will obviously be warmer than March. If we have a mild winter and early spring you should see some flowers blooming in early April. Google phrases such as "average temperature paris (enter your month)" or "average rainfall paris (enter your month)" and keep in mind that averages are just that. Could be warmer, could be colder. Could be drier could be wetter.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,951 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

It's a lottery as is all Maritime weather (yes - although Paris is a fair distance from the coast its weather patterns are maritime rather than continental)

It may rain the whole time, but thats unlikely. If you go in April it may be colder when you're there than the March dates you were looking at. It could snow (unlikely, but not impossible) in eitehr month, or it could be warm. Early spring weather is guesswork. Some flowers will be blooming late March as they depend as much on light levels as temperature, but May is when the spring bloms kick in.

Paris is possibly (it depends how you calculate it) the world's number 1 tourist destination, so just about everything is open all year (except on it's closing day, obviously...) . Exception will be the really seasonal things - obviously no xmas market, ice skating or sunbathing on the banks of the Seine, for instance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

It's absolutely impossible to know what the weather will be like, and whether you will have a rain-free time in Paris. I doubt you see many flowers in March, and will more likely see them in April.

I lucked out with beautiful weather the first week of May this year, but if I had been there a week earlier it would have been cold and rainy.

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

Wow looks like a tough one to try to hit bulls eye.

I guess it would be safer to go with April then I suppose?

I am just afraid of the crowds.

Do you think it will be overly crowded.

I am thinking 10 to 16th April.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,813 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

We usually go in April and except for the crowds around Notre Dame on Easter weekend and the usual crowds up in Montmartre, we've always had a good time. No problems booking things to do or getting reservations for dinner. Some Aprils are better than others, sometimes with many of the flowers blooming and the leaves out on the trees.

Pjk

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

I really didn't experience any crowds in early May, except when I attempted to visit Galeries Lafayette. It was unbearable, as was the surrounding area.

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

Ok so I guess April is good. Right!

I'll be targeting that.

I am hoping to go to Rome first early April and then 10th Paris for maybe a week.

Hope it will be all good.

Thanks!

US
Level Contributor
427 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

Any reason why I should do Paris first before Rome?

Just wondering. Or should it be as planned.

Rome then Paris.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,682 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

Check when Easter is coming this year, as it might be crowdier around this time. I would prefer April - later, the better.

Prepare for rain and chill, maybe you will get surprise, but don't count on it. Last May was cold, saw winter jackets and hats.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to figure out Paris weather

I think Rome first makes sense. I like ending trips in Paris.