We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris 2014 - Booked!

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Paris 2014 - Booked!

It's very early but I've booked my 9 night stay through Delta Vacations for Sept 29-Oct 8, 2014. Price was right, direct flight SFO - CDG on Airbus 380 (I realize the type of aircraft may change) and I can change the hotel down the road with no penalties if I want. Staying in the Latin Quarter this time. BW La Tour Notre Dame. 6th trip to Paris, 3rd time solo, first in the fall. Looking forward to the next 10 months (is it really that far away?) of planning and perusing the boards here looking for ideas of new things to do! Thanks in advance for any future help you all may give. Just had to share my EXCITEMENT! Paris is my happy place!

1. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 01:35
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

Wow.

The first and only reply was already determined to be inappropriate .... Didn't think my simple sharing of my joy would create any reply that needed to be deleted!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

I can't believe that reply was against the posting guidelines!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your joy and excitement at having booked your trip to Paris. As you've been to Paris before, I'm sure you know your way about, but feel free to post any questions or requests for information.

Enjoy planning your trip - it's half the fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

Yahoo !!!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

We're going mid-September - so I've gotta ask: what was your airfare?

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

I booked with Delta Vacations, Air France direct flight, 9 nights hotel was $3000, looks like on AF's website it's running about $1300 right now for the AF 83 , AF 84 flights I've taken direct from SFO in the past. Hard to break out the airfare direct with the package.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

Yes, I was looking today... $1239 from east coast.

You'll enjoy your hotel based on location and reviews...

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

Let's see if I can say W00T!!! So excited for you!

That's not controversial. The moment of booking is so much fun. This is the time when I usually sober up and buy the trip insurance (just for the flight if my hotel is cancelable as yours is). Sounds like you got a very reasonable deal (and I love non-stops and find Delta/AF to be quite efficient at getting us around). The food isn't bad, as far as airplane food goes.

So...what are you going to do first???

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

I bought the "you can cancel for any reason" insurance ..... Very nice. Entire package was booked with Delta. Airfare, hotel, transport to/from airport, insurance. I used them last year and it worked out great.

As far as the first thing I'll do? Not sure but a walk up to the river to see Notre Dame will be high on the list. This is my 6th trip....and I still have many "new" things to do!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris 2014 - Booked!

We're going for our 8th trip in one month - and still a ton of things left over from the list for our first two trips (after which I gave up on making lists per se).

I now know to make sure I allow lots of time for just mixing up what we do every day. I think early October would be a great time to visit (if I ever get out of school, I'd like to try that).