We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Hello, we are a family of four (children 17 & 15 ) travelling to Paris for three nights at the end of June next year. I know it is not long enough, but better than not visiting at all!

I have spent many hours reading posts and looking into different accommodation but now feel I need to ask the experts!! Looked at hotels and apartments but very unsure about booking apartments after all the bad write up some get. And some hotels don't accommodate 4 people.

Looking at staying in the 6th district, as thought it would be easier to walk around from there, budget about Euro250-280 per night, is this enough? Would like something clean, comfortable and central.

If anyone could give me any suggestions would be very thankful

mrsdj

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,189 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Your budget seems quite generous, so what, exactly, is your problem?

There are, indeed, hotel rooms that accommodate four people within your budget. Do a search on this forum for "family rooms", "quad rooms", or search the third party booking sites (but compare rates with the hotels directly).

Another option, still within your budget, would be two hotel rooms...some hotels do offer adjoining rooms.

"Bad write ups" for apartments are not all that common. Most overwhelmingly report excellent experiences with due diligence in the selection process.

But, except for Airbnb, it's quite the challenge to find and book an apartment for such a short stay. Though, you could consider aparthotels such as Citadines and others.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

That budget also allows you to book two rooms, one for the parents, one for the kids; given their age, they are way big enough to have their own room, IMO (add to that the fact of having their own bathroom; a quad room means losing an extra 30-45 minutes of the morning due to traffic jam there, which is a large amount of time considering your short stay in Paris)

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,537 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

I would go for two rooms, easily done with your budget. I can think of few things more unpleasant than one hotel room for parents and two teenagers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Thank you for your time and advise.

I have found Gregorio apartment at 18 Rue Gregorio on venere.com & booking.com, however, I cant find any reviews on Trip advisor, which seems a little strange. Could anyone shed any light or should I start a new post.

Again I thank you

mrsdj

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,822 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

For such a short stay I would stick with staying in a hotel.

Renting apartments takes a lot more work and due diligence, and IMO the hassle factor just isn't worth it. In addition apartments can have stricter check in and out times, and no place to store your luggage if you arrive outside of those times.

As for lack of reviews on TA, you won't find reviews of most of the apartments in Paris on TA, only those who have paid to advertise. You will find some reviews on the forum if you do a search. But as mentioned most agencies require a weeklong rental.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Do you mean the apartment at 18 rue Gregoire de Tours, Saint-Germain - Luxembourg, 75006 Paris?

You might not be able to find reviews if you use the wrong spelling.

I've searched google maps for 18 Rue Gregorio, Paris and it does not exist! But 18 Rue Gregoire does.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,456 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

for only three nights you are better off with a hotel room or two; for such a short stay there are usually extra fees and it is a hassle to check in and out of an apartment for so little time. You might look at Vacation in Paris if you want to do that; they do short stays -- not sure as short as 3 nights though -- there is an extra cleaning fee for that. AIRBNB is another possibility although more landlord dependent.

There are lots of quad rooms -- search this site and you will find a list of such rooms.

If it were me (and it has been) I would get two inexpensive rooms so that there was more privacy and two bathrooms. Four adults in one room with no floor space and one bathroom is not particularly pleasant. We stayed at Hotel Delambre on Rue Delambre for a couple of nights before and after using a friend's apartment in the area. Small basic but clean and adequate -- it was about 100 Euro a night for a double. We like the Montparnasse area for restaurants, market, easy transportation everywhere in the city and it is not a bad walk to Luxembourg Gardens and some of the popular areas of the 6th. I'd rather have two minimalists rooms than one large glossier one shared with three other people.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

Janettravels44, if it is the apartment on Rue Gregoire du Tours, then I believe it associated with a hotel on the same street (can't remember the name of it), where you use the check-in facilities of the hotel, which makes life easier. That is, if it is the correct apartment. Won't know until the OP responds.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
883 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

We have been to Paris more than a dozen times, with Isle St. Louis at the hotel of the same name was our splurge 3 times and a few others after but the past 5 visits have been spent at Hotel de L'Esperance at 15 Rue Pascal in the 5th. It is just down the street from the oldest street market in Paris, Mouffetarde. There is a wine store across the street and Restaurant La Forge 20 steps beyond. (perfect for lunch upon arrival) Bus Stop on the corner and Censier Daubenton Metro line 7 is 5 minutes beyond the hotel. Line 7 takes you to the Isle St. Louis, Notre Dame, Pont Neuf for the Vedettes evening ride on the Seine called Illuminations and the Louvre. The hotel is spotless and could easily be 3 stars but because of dimensions or something it is 2 stars so the money thing is amazing. We are going this spring but have opted for an apartment nearby as we just rented one last month in London and it was really the way to go. I would give you a referral to the apt in Paris but the minimum is 4 days. I would get adjoining rooms at the Esperance or the family room but two rooms are in your budget and you could get adjoining. Have a great trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation for family of four HELP!!!!

I think 2 hotel's rooms and 2 bathrooms would work best for your short visit.

To find good rental property it takes a lot of research. Owners are more willing to accommodate your check-in/out time for long stay, and better ones won't even rent out for shorter than a week.