We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Solo

Somersby, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling Solo

Hi All

I am travelling solo to Paris and I will be there for 2 nights. Could anyone recommend somewhere to stay? I was hoping to not be paying more than 80 euros / night.

Thanks!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Solo

When do you plan to visit?

Try using the TA Hotel search function - enter your dates and then your price. You can then choose some hotels that you like and get advice on the forum about them.

I would recommend the Ibis Eiffel Tower (about 1.5km from the actual Tower) - it's basic, clean, safe area (15th Arrondissement) - there are nice shops, bars and restaurants nearby. And it is 2 minute walk to the Cambronne Metro station (Line 6). It's not a traditional French hotel, but it should be in your price range (depending on dates).

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Solo

Or try booking.com (one of TA's partners - very efficient). Hotel Marignan comes to mind (have not stayed there, but it gets good reviews). Hotel Diana. Hotel Europe Saint Séverin. All in the 5th. 5th seems to have inexpensive places...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,889 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Solo

Besides your budget can you give any insight into what kind of area you would like to stay in? And where are you coming from and going to? It would make sense to me to choose a hotel close to transportation. Given that your budget is on the low end for Paris so you will have limited options.

You might see if Hotel Corail is in your budget. It's in a great location and not far from the center of Paris: http://www.corailparishotel.com/

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
1,897 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Solo

If you can up your budget to 95 E a night, I can also recommend Hotel Diana. It is in a lively area near two metro stops and a bus stop. I have stayed there and was pleased with the accommodations.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Solo

Try Hotel France Albion or Hotel Saint Pierre, both good value for money. Also, try going to the hotels' official websites to make comparisons on prices, I realised in many cases the hotels themselves offer better deals than booking.com or expedia... If you do not mind staying in the 12th, you can also try Hotel de la Porte Doree, a bit far out but with convenience of metro :)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Solo

I always check the hotel's website before booking on booking.com (and there's usually no difference in price). I appreciate the ease of keeping my bookings all in one place (and the ease of cancelling, as we unexpectedly had to do this year).

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling Solo

Just checked out of Hotel Diana yesterday (sob!) as a solo traveler. Yes, it was 95 a night but the location & safety were fabulous.

8. Re: Travelling Solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:20