We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

Hello everyone!

I have booked the hotel and flights to take my girlfriend to Paris on her birthday which is the 13th December.

I really wanted to take her up the Eiffel Tower at night due to the stunning views of the lit up city.

But I have just checked tickets online and they are completely sold out for the evening of that date.

Is there any other way to get to the top in the evenings?

Do they hold back loads of tickets for walk in guests?

Is the tower that much better looking at night?

Thanks in advance!

Anton

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

You can still buy tickets by waiting in line... a ticket to the top is available unless the level is closed for weather or winds etc. so you won't know until you get there...

A very nice and less crowded alternative is to go to the top of Tour Montparnasse, 56 floor is an enclosed panoramic view, and 59th floor is an outdoor rooftop deck (13 euro). The view from there includes the illuminated Eiffel (a little in the distance). There is a nice restaurant, a little expensive, on the 56th floor as well....

http://www.tourmontparnasse56.com/en/#/home

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

There are unlimited walk up tickets, in all the varieties. Of course that doesn't guarantee you won't have to wait quite a while in line. The view at night is nice enough although Paris isn't like New York, there is no skyline to admire. For a beautiful night view the city looks stunning from Sacre Coeur where you can see the Eiffel Tower in the distance lit up.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 12:49
Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

You should keep checking the official ET website as tickets do become available closer to the required date, sometimes.

You could also consider buying tickets from an official tour operator - these tend to be more expensive, but if you really want to go up the ET on that day at a specific time then the extra cost is worth it. Just google ET tickets and various options should come up.

But take note of travelnutty's warning about the weather.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

The Tower itself is amazing and you really should go. If you can get yourselves to walk up to the second floor, it's relatively easy to buy tickets from there to the top. It's something everyone should do once in their life and while it's also wonderful to see the tower in the distance, just visiting the base of the tower will give most people a thrill - it's rather a large tower and I can't think of another place that compares. Seeing it from across the river at Trocadero provides the best photo ops (IMO).

The lines should be shorter in winter, I'm told. At any rate, we ended up not going up the tower on our first couple of trips, but I'm glad we went to the tower anyway.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,207 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

As to romance, we went up the tower last November ... I have never been so cold in my life, there was sleet and wind. Romance?

6. Re: Eiffel Tower tickets, HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17