We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

Pune
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

Bonjour Wonderful People !!!

Hope you all are doing great !

We are a couple & will be visiting Paris in winter-cold February & are first timers !

So, can you please let us know the dressing/clothes that we need to carry.I can understand that it will be about 2-6 degree centigrade so should be a combination of layers of sweaters & jackets,shoes,gloves etc ++ Umbrella !

But can you please elaborate.

Also, some pics of links will be really helpful.

Thanks so much friends :)

Warm Regards

~Himu.

California
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

That time of year I typically wear long silk underwear, jeans, thick socks, a long sleeved blouse or nicer knit top, and a knee-length wool coat (mine has thermal lining), gloves, a scarf, and if it's really cold a hat (I'm not a hat person, so it's a last resort!). Lots of people will also recommend another warm layer between your top and coat, like a fleece jacket/hoodie or a pullover sweater, but I don't need it with my thermal coat. Of course, you'll want warm shoes, something comfortable and water proof. Many gals wear boots. There are thermal insoles you can put inside your shoes that help if your feet get cold.

Edited: 18 November 2013, 15:25
Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

There is plenty of descriptive posts on the forum; here are a few ( and I think you are on the right track!)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k41033…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k98596…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k22999…

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,366 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

Mittens are warmer than gloves. It may snow so waterproof outergarments should be considered. My son and DIL said they had never been so cold as in Paris a few seasons back...but they both thought Paris was oh so beautiful in the snow

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,806 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

The most valuable / useful single piece of clothing I take is a fleece vest with hand-warmer pockets. Chances are I can use it as the outermost garment, but otherwise it makes a great layer under a coat. Even if it's cold you can sit outside at a cafe near one of the heaters and the vest is perefect for just sitting and sipping.

Pjk

5. Re: Paris in winter-cold February: advice on Clothes pls !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17