We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Hi . Looking for a bit of advice. We're getting the eurostar to paris for the day. Trouble is my wife will be 35 weeks pregnant and this will limit even further what we can do. We'd like to go up the eiffel tower, and I'd thought a boat trip would be a good way to see things without walking to far. Does anyone have any recommendations? I need to drop into the hard rock cafe to buy a badge. But apart from that we're really flexible. We will be in paris for about 11am on Friday 29 November.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Not a good idea at all. Have your wife asked her OB?

How were you planning to get her to London from Glasgow?

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

We're getting the train to London. We're down there for a few days and this is one of the days. Where's your sense of adventure?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,829 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Ask your wife where her sense of adventure at 35 weeks of pregnancy is.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Pregnant or not, I would not waste time queuing at the Eiffel Tower on a day trip & taking the stairs is just not an option for your wife. I would go to Trocadero to view it and then walk across to see it up close from below.

A seine cruise is a good idea and I would learn the bus system since it's a more comfortable (though slower) way to get from place to place than the metro. What time is your train back to London?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,965 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Please don't tell us that this is a surprise trip for your wife. Please check with her doctor and see what advice you get. Or maybe you think it would be fun for your wife to go into labor at the Eiffel Tower,.

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

9.30pm.

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

NO she knows all about it. I really don't see what the fuss is. She would be fine walking around in Glasgow or London so Paris won't really matter. If she goes into labour in Paris we'll just have to name the baby Pierre or Toulouse or something.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

Since it's just for the day, I would suggest a Hop On/Hop Off bus tour to see all the main sights, without too much effort for your wife.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

just please don't name it "Chunnel" if that is where she goes into labor!

Foxity tour, departure point at Place Madeleine:

www.foxity.com/‎

Several Seine cruise docks:

www.bateaux-mouches.fr/en

www.bateauxparisiens.com/english.html‎

www.vedettesdeparis.fr/

www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/

Take a taxi sometimes, not often hailed from the curb, but at taxi ranks around Paris ...

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A day trip to Paris ..... 35 weeks pregnant!

I'm another who would advise against such an excursion.

I'm guessing this is a first pregnancy...much can happen in the next few weeks, such as swollen ankles, aching back, not experienced thus far, that would likely be exacerbated by a lot of walking and stairs involved in getting around Paris. And, Paris is not a place I'd want to be if a rest room is required quite frequently. Not only are they not always readily handy, they're almost always up or down a flight of stairs, particularly in cafes and restaurants.