We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On-going update to Musee Picasso...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
On-going update to Musee Picasso...

Just to keep you all informed, here's the current status of Musee Picasso:

There has been progress on one of the exterior walls surrounding the building, and most of the roof has been repaired. However, the interior remains gutted, and scaffolding still covers most of the building. Temporary offices and workers' dormitories are set up in the courtyard. The little park adjacent is now closed, too.

There are two signs posted - the official one reads: "...re-opening in Summer 2014". An unofficial one says: "Picasso is dead - go away!" Take your pick, but it looks like it will be a while before the work is completed - things always go more slowly in Winter. I think Summer is pretty optimistic.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
1,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On-going update to Musee Picasso...

Thanks for the update, Patty. Guess I will have to catch the reopening in 2015.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On-going update to Musee Picasso...

Thanks. Seems to be going on for evah.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On-going update to Musee Picasso...

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Hopefully (fingers, toes and eyes crossed!) we will be going back next year....and in September or October.

We started going to Paris only in 2010 (went 3 years in a row, then hit a "dry spell" this year! lol).....so I've never seen the Museum....I'm hopeful it will be open when we go in September/October.

But one never knows!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On-going update to Musee Picasso...

I just booked a trip for 9 nights late September/early October so this may be on my list. I was lucky enough to see the exhibit when it toured a few years back. It was fantastic.

Edited: 21 November 2013, 14:02
5. Re: On-going update to Musee Picasso...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 06:20