We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

Getting into Gare du Nord at 9:30 a.m. and taking a taxi to the Park Hyatt Vendome. Should be situated in Paris by 10-10:30 a.m on Friday.

Leaving Paris via CDG on Sunday 10:30 a.m.

So basically I have half a day Friday and all day Saturday in Paris.

I would like to stay in the general area of the Park Hyatt because I don't want to spend by 48 hours transporting myself around the city. Is this area a good walking area? Meaning, could I keep myself busy just by walking the Vendome area for 1.5 days? What are the major attractions here?

Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

You can visit loads on foot from Place Vendome: Louvre, Tuileries, Opéra, Musée d'Orsay, and slightly further Champs Elysées & Notre Dame. All are walkable from where you'll be.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

There's no reason to confine yourself to walking around that neighborhood when you can get to many of the well known tourist sites in less than a 10-15 minute métro ride from that neighborhood.

To learn how to get around Paris by métro/bus/RER use www.ratp.fr. Here is a link to a route planner:

ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/recherche-avancee

Here is an interactive map of the system:

www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

Since parts of this website are only in French you can also use www.transilien.com or www.vianavigo.com. Via Navigo probably has the most complete English website. A good website to learn how to use public transport in Paris is www.parisbytrain.com.

Buy a good detailed map of Paris of around the scale 1:12,000 and it will show all streets and street names, museums, monuments, gardens, parks, sites, attractions and the location of all RER and métro stops. A handy booklet to buy is called ''Plan de Paris par Arrondissement, L'Indispensable''. It is available in the Relay bookstores you'll find in the main line train stations and RER stations. It can be bought in many other places as well.

When you arrive at Gare du Nord go to the Relay book/magazine store and get your map. They cost about 5€.

You can figure out walking times and distances between sites by using a mapping website like www.mappy.com or a similar website.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

Great info, thanks to both of you.

4. Re: 48 hours in Paris near PH Vendome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 05:18