We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to leave for airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
laguna niguel,ca
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
When to leave for airport

We are staying at the Hotel Secret de Paris which I believe is in the 8th our international flight from Charles de Gaulle is on a Saturday departing at 10:30am. We have hired a driver to take us from hotel to airport. What time should we have driver pick up?

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to leave for airport

you should be fine with a 7am pickup to arrive at 8am...630 am pick up to be really safe and I always ask the driver as they should know of any reason why that might not be adequate.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When to leave for airport

You did read the various threads about private transfers / shuttles unreliability in Paris, right? So you don't mind paying a walk-in fare in case the car does not show.

Otherwise, call one of the big taxi companies (G7 or Taxis Bleus) the day before.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to leave for airport

For international flights it is recommended that you arrive 3 hours prior to departure. You never know what the check in, security, and passport lines will be like. Most flights start the boarding process an hour before the flight.

Because of this I would schedule a pick up for 6:30 am which will allow you an hour to reach the airport. Private drivers/shuttles overall don't have a good track record in Paris and have been known to be no-shows. I would suggest that you do not pre-pay for this service, and have a back up plan in place in case thay doin't show. Or as Parisix suggests just take a regular taxi.

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to leave for airport

we used a private driver recommended by our apartment rental company. While the comments made here on TA are very anti any private transfer I think they more refer to the larger companies etc. I guess it depends on your previous experience with your driver. Since the question was about timing I assumed they had decided to use whoever they are using. Not all private transfers are unreliable. My attitude was, I liked the guy on the pick up so used him again for return and I gave myself enough time in case he did not show to just get a taxi but of course that could backfire too.Most drivers will give you their cell number and I just reconfirm night before and not had an issue. . That said taxis (g7) are fine too. There is alot of traffic going out to the airport and we had a 10:30 flight international and so yes 630 may be the best and safest choice. I tend to skimp on the 3 hours as that is a long time but if crowded at the airport necessary. Good luck.

laguna niguel,ca
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: When to leave for airport

Thank you we are using travelotel service - we prefer to give it a shot and if no one shows up we can get a taxi. I understand that some are unreliable but I would assume not all of them.

6. Re: When to leave for airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:16