We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 7 days enough for Paris

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
36 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Is 7 days enough for Paris

Hi Guys & Gals, I've been to Paris before but this time I'm taking my partner along (she has never been to Paris). Is 7 days doable for Paris or should we allow a few more days. Obviously we will be doing the major tourist attractions eg: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Catacombs. Any additional suggestions will be gratefully received, as we will be staying at Hotel George V on Avenue George V, hence we will either walk or use the Metro.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

How long is a piece of string? You could easily spend 2, 3, 4 weeks and it might not be long enough. Depends on you and what you want to see/do

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

Seven days is more than a lot of people spend in Paris. We had a week in Paris in 2010, loved it and did the things we wanted. It really depends on what you want to do. We walked everywhere, visited the 'must-do's ' for us. Of course we could have spent longer and done more. Work out what you want to do with your partner. Having been before, you should have some idea of what you want to show her [??] and experience with your partner.

California
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

It's refreshing to read this question, because often people are asking if 2 or 3 days is enough to see everything! I think a week is a great length for a first visit, but of course every day over and above that is a bonus! I've taken 2 groups of newbies to Paris for a week at a time, and knowing that most of them will never have the opportunity to visit again, I wish I'd have had 10 days to show them around instead of just 7.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,537 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

a lifetime is not long enough :) , but seven days will do for a starter

Level Contributor
8,127 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

I think 7 days is about perfect. We just stayed 7 days...did not do everything we intended but had a nice time but not sure I could have kept up the pace...so much to see in Paris and so much walking.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

Bonjour, Massai,

Seven days is also good in case you want to make a day trip out of Paris, such as to Versailles or to Giverny. Now I'm not making a suggestion to make a day trip out of the city, but it would be feasible in case your partner would like to do so.

Am I right or wrong to assume that you have been to La Sainte Chapelle? IMO, it is worth a repeat visit. What about Pere LaChaise Cemetery?

I'm not sure if a Navigo Pass will be useful. Here is a link with information:

parisbytrain.com/paris-train-metro-week-pass…

Bonne chance!

MrsJAS

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,517 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

If you are thinking of out of the city day trips, I would add some days if you can. There is so much to see in Paris itself - lifetime would be about right.

Toronto
Level Contributor
227 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

I have been 3 times ... from 3 days to 9 days to 10 days and my list of things to see is longer than it was for the first trip. Hit the big stuff first that you want to see, have a plan of doing things in some sort of order and you can then really get a lot done in one day. Also ..... dont rush through things as you have other things on your schedule .... relax and enjoy ... you can always come back, Paris will always be there for you.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

My first trip to Paris and I thought 6 days would have been plenty - I was completely wrong but that was because I feel in LOVE with Paris. We did so many of the tourist things, I wanted to return to get off the beaten path and be a bit more like a local. And 4 trips later, I feel I've only scratched the surface.

Yes, I think it's enough time but your friend might want to return. I suggest making a list of your must-haves and have a secondary list. This way, you can have a mix of tourist and leisure aspects of the trip. I had so much on a to-do list I forgot to be leisure, ie relaxing in a cafe, having wine and cheese on the Seine, and just walking down the street for a nice stroll.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 7 days enough for Paris

7 days without outside excursions is a good amount of time. Our first trip was 11 days (really 10 when you count the logistical issues involved in arriving and leaving), and we have been forever glad that it was, because I planned a 7 full days, but we had 2 days where we simply went with the flow. Now, we rarely plan to go for less than 2 weeks (and every time I worry that maybe we should do something else for a change, but we are never, ever disappointed).

I would love to stay at the George V, someday, although I've got several other hotel "treasures" that I might be able to afford in this lifetime that I'll likely enjoy - but if you will please come back and post some thoughts about your stay, I'd love to live vicariously in the George V through your trip report.