We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Hi there,

We will be a group of four travelling to Lisbon next year, but were hoping to grab a (cheap) flight to Paris for two nights and two days while we are in Europe. We have never been to Paris before and this search is quite overwhelming....

With the limited timeframe, where would be a good place to stay that is relatively inexpensive and could accommodate all four in one room (or two cheaper rooms if needed).. We are hoping to get to the main tourist attractions .... Eiffel Tower, Arc de triomphe, and not sure what else we would have time to do...

We would appreciate any recommendations on hotels that would make it easy to get to the main sites from, and won't break the budget. as well as recommendations on things we should/could do in two days....

We will be there July 1st or 2nd.. and staying for 2 nights.

Budget: we would prefer to keep to around 200-250 euros per night (for all four of us) or less if possible....

Any ideas???? areas to check into or areas to avoid????

Thanks in advance for your help.

We were looking at the Esmeralda.. but the reviews are mixed.. we appreciate any additional thoughts?

Thank you

M

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Email www.hoteldulys.com to see if they have a quad. I don't think it's on their site, seems to me they have one. Great little no frills hotel with wonderful location.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,509 posts
1,681 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Holiday Inn (Gare de l'est).

Stayed there myself you can get very good rates with breakfast included (2 rooms unless you have children then they can be in one room).

Access to metro is outside the hotel and 2 RER stations short distance away. Also bus stops near the hotel as well.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Book multi-city option for your flights, so you wouldn't have to backtrack from Lisbon.

Two hotel rooms (with bathrooms) will be so much more comfortable than quad. and not much more expensive.

Try 5th arrondissement - you will be able to walk to many tourist attractions.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Recent posts that may be helpful:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k70072…

tripadvisor.com/…54111091

Eiffel Tower and Arc d'Triomphe can be admired from the ground. Don't spend time in line at the Eiffel waiting to ascend.

Include Notre Dame on your short list. Even if there is a line to get it, it moves fast. Do not wait in line to climb the towers--just go inside the cathedral.

You should explore a neighborhood or two. Maybe the Latin Quarter and Montmartre.

You are spending 2 nights--do you have 3 full days? What is your time, exactly?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Hi thank you all for the advice so far... It is very overwhelming to figure out where to stay .. since we have never been...

Our timing... we will likely fly in to Paris on July 1... arrive around 6 pm... but this will be after a flight from the middle of Canada.. so we will have been on three different airplanes, and about 30 hours worth of flights/layovers etc.... so my guess is once we arrive we might go for a bite to eat where ever we end up and maybe a quick stroll then off to get some rest. (we haven't booked the Paris flights yet, but as I look those are the approx. times if we do this. Our Winnipeg-Lisbon flights are already booked.... and this would just be a side trip before we settle back to visit family etc in Portugal)

So we will be there all of July 2, and some of the day on July 3.... our plan is to fly back to Lisbon on the evening of July 3... so not much time to visit much of Paris at all :( .

We basically need a place in a decent neighborhood for two nights, and then be able to visit a couple main spots... we will be back one day for a longer visit, but this is all we can afford at this time.. both financially and time wise...

Is the rive gauche or rive droite better?.. or does that not really influence the areas... (Pardon my ignorance, but I know nothing about Paris and its neighborhoods etc)

Thanks again for all your help....

M

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Since it is such a short visit, left or right bank is not crucial, but staying central and close to the river is. It gets you within walking distance to many tourist attractions.

I think easy connection to the airport is important too.

Which Parisian airport are you flying to / out.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 16:36
los angeles
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

I agree with Tesa, although I think the Left Bank is a little easier for first timers. You have a couple of constraints because you are looking for accommodations for 4 adults, and you have a fairly modest budget. So don't start getting caught up in the Left Bank vs Right Bank details. Begin checking out the places that were suggested to you and book the one you deem "best" based on configuration (perhaps considering 2 budget rooms and therefore getting 2 bathrooms) and price (meaning value per dollar, not necessarily just cheapest).

I often get lost in the details, so if that's what you're going through, I understand and am not criticizing. But, as practical advice, you have enough suggestions and links to gather hotel names and move forward with contacting them and booking.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

Thank you so much everyone...

All of your advice has been extremely helpful.

I have contacted a couple of hotels and we will make a decision soon..

Thanks for helping me put things into perspective:)

M

9. Re: Paris for two nights two days - where to stay (4 people)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:16