We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Metro Manila...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

Greetings!

I want to buy a flight from Prague to Paris but my concern is that it will arrive in Paris at 22:55 and I saw on the RER website that the last CDG > Paris train leaves at 23:55 (is this correct)? I'm just worried that I might miss this last train. If that happens, what other options do I have? Are there airport taxis still available at the time of my arrival? Is there a bus I can take? Thank you very much!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

There will be plenty of taxis.

Metro Manila...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

Okay, thank you so much for answering!

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

i am just wondering if taking a low cost flight into Paris becomes much less cost effective when you have to take a taxi (especially if you are not part of a group, and the fare is for one--close to 50 euros give or take) and when you will be paying for a night of lodging when you probably won't get into the city until a bit after midnight. I would weigh the odds of flying out in the morning.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,084 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

If you are coming from Prague there will be no immigration on arrival, so an hour should be enough to get yourself to the RER.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

Agreed, an hour should be more than enough to get to the RER - it's not that far, though I would suggest walking at a fast pace. Assuming you are not checking luggage, you should be fine.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,025 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

so long as you have coins to buy a ticket from the machine or have a credit card accepted by the airport machines, you probably have time -- if you have to queue to buy a ticket, perhaps not

7. Re: Best way to Paris from CDG after the last train is gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:17