Everyone here was such a great help when we were planning our trip to Paris last summer. I'm hoping you can help again :-). We promised the kids we'd return in 5 years. Well, we decided to travel to London this upcoming summer and we've decided to travel to Paris for three quick nights on our way to Belgium. Yippee!
The thing is, our last trip was our first. We had no idea where to stay. That, combined with having enough points for five free nights at the Westin Vendome, we ended up staying there. After all, you can't beat free. This time is different. And its not just us, we're bringing my mother in law so its three adults and three children ages 6, 8 and 11. I'd consider getting a flat but not when we're only there for 3 nights. That leaves hotels. While I don't want to break the bank, I also don't want hostel type accomodations really. The kids and we could handle that... my mother in law, not so much. So, while luxury isn't necessary, something well... pretty, quaint, not bare bones hostel-like.
I'd prefer to have us all in the same room. That's proving to be hard. Next preference is our family together with mil in her own room on the same floor or connecting. Final preference is to have hubbie and I along with the two youngest in one room with mil and my oldest son in a room next door.
I'd like to find a place near St Germaine, close to Notre Dame area. I've found one in that area and a few in other areas. I'd love your advice on which you'd choose based on location and the hotel itself.
- Excelsior Latin Quarter - 5p confort suite plus single confort room (mil on same floor) 393euros per night
- Hotel Palais Bourbon - 4p room plus 2p room (connecting rooms) - 420euros per night
-Hotel de Buci - 4p room plus double room (mil and son on same floor) - 510 euros per night
- Hotel left Bank - several combos available. 4p room with 2p room (mil and son separate) 520euros per night/ 5p room with 2p single room (mil separate) 630euros per night
- St Severin - two triple rooms near each other 410 euros per night (problem here is that two kids would be separated from us)
- Hotel Marignan - 5p room plus 2p room (because singles don't have showers)(mil separate) I'm also not sure if these are on the same floor. 277euros per night.
I really need help narrowing down. I really like Hotel Left Bank but its really much higher than I'd like to pay (630euros). Can you all help me narrow it down as I haven't actually seen or been in any of these hotels.