We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

I will be staying in the Marais ( rue Ormesson 75004) with my wife and daughter (14). I will be staying for 5 nights and I was hoping for a few recommendations for dining on an evening. I wasn't looking to spend a fortune and I don't mind walking or taking public transport. I would rather stick to French cooking, bistrots etc.

I have eaten at l'Agrume and Bon Coin in the 5th (after being recommended on here) these were great.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,362 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Les Gars dans La Cuisine is good. People love the Breizh crêperie (resas required). Robert et Louise is a steak place.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Try Le Coude Fou (check for discounts on lafourchete).

Les Philosophes is also fairly reliable and "buzzy".

Try also "Des Gars en cuisine" sticking with their cheaper options ( the burger is great and the foie gras could be shared as it has generous portions))

Always a good crowd in Le Marais...you'll be spoilt for choice!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

For totally relaxed improvisation, I life Chez Marianne on rue des Rosiers.

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Lafouchete? Is this a bit like toptable in London?

Paris
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Lafourchette (not Lafouchete, btw) is very similar to Toptable in London. You can get the English-language version of the website at Thefork.com

6. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 19:35
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

L'Ange 20 in the 4e; Le Tournebievre in the 5e on the Seine, Sorza on Ile St. Louis, Le Reminet in the 5e. Look on Lafourchette.com or TheFork.com in English to find possible discount coupons. In September I ate at Le Reminet for 50% discount by reserving on Lafourchette.com at the designated times. I sat next to a lovely couple who didn't have a coupon and ended up paying twice as much as I did!

You and your daughter might also really enjoy Le Chalet des Iles located on lac inferior in Bois de Bologne on the west side of Paris. You need to take a 2 minute boat ride to get there. The chalet-style restaurant is lovely and so is the island. The food is quite decent. You can see pictures on their website as well as make a reservation there too. http://chalet-des-iles.com/ .

If you like souffles and/or duck dishes in particular (although they have other wonderful things on their menu too), I suggest La Cuisine de Phillipe in the 6e at the north end of Le Jardin du Luxembourg. I loved it so much in September that I made another reservation for my last meal in Paris. Oh my gosh it is good. You must have a reservation or you won't get in. Prices are reasonable.

I don't order wine so I can't vouch for wine prices in these restaurants but otherwise their prices are reasonable.

Edited: 07 December 2013, 18:58
London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

"Le Petite Marche was very cute..limited menu but nice atmosphere on quiet square not far from Place des Vosges."

Not sure which one you mean. Le Petit Marché is at 9 rue de Béarn, which runs north from the middle of the north side of Place des Vosges. I would certainly recommend that one.

It's not on a square, though. Perhaps you meant Au Marché which is (Place Ste-Catherine). That's not bad, but Les Bougresses, 6 rue de Jarente, is a better one in that area. I also like Chez Janou at 2 rue Roger Verlomme, corner of rue des Tournelles.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,770 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Look at Robert et Louise, especilly for grilled meat ---> http://robertetlouise.com/ Or le Colimacon ---> http://www.le-colimacon.fr/

These are a block apart on the rue Vieille du Temple so you can look at the menus and decide.

Les Philosophes is a nice place to also just sit outsidde and enjoy a drink.

Pjk

Mboro. UK
Level Contributor
612 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating out on an evening in the Marais - recommendations?

Thank you all for these suggestions. I will be have a closer look at them and try a few during my stay.

thanks