We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A 3 night city trip report!

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
A 3 night city trip report!

On our trip there was my husband and I for a 3 night photography break in the city. I will give a brief description of places we visited and my view on Paris.

This was the second time we have visited Paris, We love Paris and could go back again in the future. That view of the Effiel Tower would bring you back to Paris alone.

We flew with Easyjet from Luton, London and paid around £150 return for the both of us.

Airport transfers - We used a company called Royal Transfer at 110 euros return from CDG. The man was efficent and pleasant and highly recommend this company if you are considering taxi transfers.

Metro- We bought a pass for how many days we were there best way to get around the city and felt safe at all times.

Hotel - We stayed at Hotel Des Artes in Montmarte area located in a quiet area.Nice rooms, pleasant staff amd highly recommend staying here cost was 100 Euros per night.

Effiel Tower - We already purchased tickets for the tour beforehand in the uk. Skip the line Tour with some history about the tower etc. Very good guide and excellent as it saves time by not queueing up.

Food - We mainly ate on the go as we are normally busy with our photography. We were mainly on a budget break this time. coffee etc from vendors roughly 3 euros. rather then paying 6 euros to sit in a cafe.

A couple of restaurants we did visit and highly recommend.

Le Cafe Saint Honoure - located near to The Louvre. The special duck they had was gorgeous. Loved this place and cant believe we found it by chance.

La Boite aux Lettes - located in the Montmarte area lunchtime special 3 course for 18 euros fantastic value and highly recommend.

Photography ideas

Long Exposure shots

# Night trails from Bir - Hakeim Bridge

#Carousel shots from around the Effiel Tower area.

# Wheel shots by the concorde fountain.

#The bridge where the locks are on at Notre Dame.

#Night shots of The Louvre(dont go the night the Louvre is open late too many tourists around)

Most disapointing was the fountains that werent on Concorde and The Effiel Tower ones.

Photography in general - Apart from the obvious tourist places

Places that are worth a mention.

While everyone is taking photos of the Sacre Coeur nobody notices the red building to its right. Take a good luck at the building and angle your camera right and you will see why.

Le Palais Garnier Opera Building 10 euros each. Loved this building is very good for photography espically the grand staircases.

Spiral staircases in the Arc de Triomphe.

Bir Hakeim Bridge very unique bridge for street photography.

Galerie Vivienne

Loved the Pont Des Arts bridge for the love locks very good again for street photography.

Paris is a wonderful city for Photography and hope to be back soon.

We took alot of pictures in Paris and its going to take a while to edit them all. If you want to follow us on facebook we have a page if you want to like us would appreciate that.

www.Facebook/thrashdslrphotography

Thank you for reading and i do hope you enjoyed my trip report:)

If anyone has any questions please so ask.

Thanks

Sarah and Paul

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,986 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

My facebook page has had a few lovelocks pictures on it (from friends in Paris). It's true that the garbled pieces of metal make a kind of textural surface that has visual interest, but as you'll probably find out on this forum, it's not a favorite sight for many of us.

Your link is missing a piece, so it doesn't work - I was able to figure out how to get to your page and was disappointed to see only two pictures of Paris, none of them are the ones you describe. I suggest you put them into an album if you want Parisophiles to look at them - otherwise your post really looks like an an attempt to get us to visit your photography page on Facebook, where most of the work is not Paris-related.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

We are just getting around to editing them. when they are edited they will be up.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Here is the link to our pictures. There is 39 pictures in the album now :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,889 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

I liked most of your pictures, but wish you stopped glamourizing love padlocks, which are nothing but eyesore and vandalism.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
773 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

I really enjoyed your photos.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

<<Loved the Pont Des Arts bridge for the love locks very good again for street photography.>>

Please do not glamorize these acts of vandalism. Not to mention the pollution that the keys being thrown in the river are causing with their corrosion. There's a huge movement to get this outlawed. Anyone that has a sense of enviromentalism should be appalled. Nothing will probably happen until locks fall down on someones head on a boat passing below.

I see you're from Stoke-on-Trent. How would you feel if people started putting thousands of locks on one of your bridges and threw keys into the river to corrode the waters? If not a bridge than one of your favorite local landmarks?

The rest of your report is ok and you have a couple of good restaurant suggestions.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

Lovely.. but why would you spend that much on a private car service? I am assuming that 110 euros was for a return trip.. but a taxi from the official taxi stand at the airport would have run about the same or less.. normal rates run 45-50 euros.. each way.

8. Re: A 3 night city trip report!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15