We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rer to cdg airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rer to cdg airport

Hiya can someone help me please I'm on the RER heading towards the airport and can you tell me if I need to purchase a different ticket from the one I used at the metro station. Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,425 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rer to cdg airport

You need a ticket valid to CDG. They cost €9.50.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rer to cdg airport

If you purchased a métro ticket you have the wrong ticket. You need a "Billet Origine Destination" for this journey, commonly referred to as an RER ticket. These are point to point tickets that you use when traveling on the RER outside of zone 1. They are good from any point in Paris to CDG and vice-versa.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rer to cdg airport

Thank you for our replies. I got the correct ticket at the train station when I had to change. On the plane heading home now.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rer to cdg airport

Just make sure you get a separate ticket! My husband and I arrived at Denfert-Rochereau metro/RER station. We had our Navigo Decouverte passes for central Paris and knew we needed an additional ticket to get to CDG on the RER. But it was 7:30 a.m. and the ticket wicket wasn't open. We noticed several travelers with luggage using their Navigo passes to get through the turnstiles, and we foolishly deduced that you could pay at the endpoint. We sailed through the turnstiles and boarded. When we arrived at CDG, there was no way to buy a ticket and we were unable to exit the turnstiles. There was no one to help us and we had a plane to catch. I won't tell b you how we solved this problem, just make sure you have a ticket before boarding. There are ticket machines where we could have got a ticket, we realized after the fact.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rer to cdg airport

If you are sure you will be taking the RER to CDG, you can also buy your ticket any time during your visit to Paris; if you come into Paris from CDG by RER, you can buy a return ticket at the same time you buy your arrival ticket.

Some people have loaded their Navigos with zones 1-5, so they are ok to use that pass to go to CDG.

Edited: 09 October 2014, 15:36
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,109 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rer to cdg airport

If you have a ND you load a one time ticket called a Parcours onto it at the machine -- it costs 7 Euro something and must be purchased within 3 hours of the trip. You are very lucky you didn't end up paying huge on the spot fines at CDG or get caught when you solved the problem with a little acrobatics.

You can always enter the system in Paris with a metro ticket or a 2 zone ND -- it is the exiting or getting checked along the way that is the problem. Those who entered with their NDs ahead of you might have had NDs charged for all 5 zones which would work fine for the airport.

Edited: 09 October 2014, 15:50
7. Re: Rer to cdg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2015, 05:16