We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Hello there,

My wife and I will be going to Paris for the first time and we are planning on staying 7 days 6 nights. We've narrowed it down between Hotel Millesmie and Hotel Joyce. They both include breakfast and seem to have positive reviews. One is in the 6th the other in the 10th.

Millesmie with the price being equal which hotel would you choose? Thanks in advance.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

They're both very nice. I like the 9th where Hotel Joyce is located but for a first time trip...

The Millesmie.

Enjoy Paris!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Have you checked what is included in the Millesime's tete-a-tete package for your stay? Whatever else, being picked up at the airport is worth choosing the hotel, but any tickets to a museum, a Seine river cruise, and drinks voucher at the cafe Laurant are also welcome.

Pjk

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Hi thanks for the response.

Yea there's a winter promotion package with millesime that includes airport pickup and the Seine river cruise. Upon closer observation it appears the millesime will run about $200 more over 6 nights.

Which location will give us better access to eateries, sightseeing etc? Also, how do you feel about paying extra for superior rooms instead of standard?

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Millesime in 6th.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

I think the location is more important than the hotel. In any event the 6th is the best IMO and I've heard good things about the millesime from friends.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

We always book the least expensive rooms at the Millesime and found them adequate. They are the typically small rooms with limited closet space, but with very nice bathrooms, and we've never had a problem staying there 10 - 11 days. And if you use the various items in the package, you will make back the $200.00. We use the drink vouchers for one absinthe and one champagne cocktail at the Cafe laurant which is 25 euros right there.

And in terms of location , this is one block over ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1…

Pjk

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,585 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Does that extra 200 include the airport transport.. cause by taxi that would be about 100-120 euros( not sure, but about 140 to 165 dollars right there ) .. I would choose the Millesime too,, love the area. Its actually more then I would pay anyways,, I stay budget,, but I have heard so many good things about the Millesime its definately on my "treat" list.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,723 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

Too late? Millesime is our "go to" hotel in Paris. It is a wonderful hotel managed by a lovely and gracious general manager, Inga. All staff is English speaking, in a fantastic location. We have "our" room, superior with a French balcony onto rue Jacob, but any room will be fine. We do not normally sign up for the package since we have friends we like to meet for breakfast. I know that the package includes a one-way airport transfer, which is about 80 Euro by private sedan; less than that with a normal taxi ervice, and less yet with a shuttle (not great but cheap).

9. Re: Trying to pick between two hotels. Millesmie or Hotel Joyce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:19