We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
619 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

I have booked tickets for the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower for Hubby and I. I have been before (to the top, and also dinner).. Hubby doesn't like heights so we are stopping at 1st floor and then seeing how he does, then gonna try hitting the 2nd floor.

Thought it would be nice to maybe grab a sandwich, or pastry and hot drink (as we are going in March) while in the tower and sit and enjoy the view while we eat. I know there are the snack places on both 1st and 2nd floor... are there tables to sit at and eat available?

Thanks!

Edited: 18 December 2013, 14:27
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

There is a place on the second level that sells baguettes and crepes and what-have-you with limited seating. If it's busy you might have to use other available seats either inside the second floor deck or outside on the walkways.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

I don't think there are any sits, it's more like 7/11 kind of establishment; unless you want to have a lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel restaurant ( they include lift to 1 level with lunch booking).

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,176 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

Theres no real view from snack bar on the second level ( as I recall) its situated on the inner section.. I can tell you this.. hubby will likely be fine on second level as there is so much interior ( as in not by any edge) area that he can simply stay in those areas and not really notice the heights.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

There are pictures of the snack bar here: restaurants-toureiffel.com/LES-BUFFETS-DE-LA…

Looks like there are a few tables to stand at, but no seating.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

I agree with the 7-11 comments. The snack bar is nothing special. They even ran out of coffee when I was there on a cold day in May.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

There is the odd bench here and there on the 2nd level, good luck with finding one that's empty ;-)

Note that the 1st level is being modified to have a 'see through' floor in the middle of it, so not sure when that will be opened up.

He's not going to want to face 'out' when on the elevator going up. Or are you walking up? I honestly don't remember if the elevator stops at one, or just goes straight up to 2nd level...

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

The lifts make a stop at Level 1 on their way to Level 2 and do the same on the return. As I said earlier seats are available but in short supply.

Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

Why not just grab a baguette sandwich long before you get to Eiffel Tower. Then enjoy your snack wherever you happen to be hungry and have time.

I carry a baguette sandwich around all the time so I'm never dependent on the location for a snack. It's worked out wonderfully when arriving at some park or unexpected destination where I'm having a great time. Just a couple weeks ago I walked through the park on the way to the tower and had a nice stop on a bench for 20 minutes with no worries about competing for food and drinks and really enjoyed the view.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

I don't think your husband will have any problems with the second level.

However, officially, visitors are required to go to the highest level on their ticket first, then descend a level at a time.

People do manage to get off on the first level first. But, be advised that getting on the elevator from the first level to the second level could be difficult as they stop to let people off, not on, so you'd be at the mercy of the elevator operator.

Except for the restaurants, there really are no seats with a view.

10. Re: Specific Question on eating at Snack Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 06:18