We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
germany
8 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

Hi there,

Any suggestions on where we can eat on Christmas day with 2 small children (ages almost 2 and 5)? Because our children are so small, we stick to no fuss meals, as our youngest is not at the best age for sit down restaurants. Will we have many options for quick bites, or should we plan on buying food at the grocery the day before to have on hand? Is there any particular area that would have places open on Christmas day? Thanks so much in advance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

There are lots of chain restaurants that will be open, and many of them cater to families with kids. Lots of cafes will be open, too. I don't think most groceries will be open, but some will be.

Where are you staying? Are you in a hotel or apartment? That would help narrow down the possibilities...

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,961 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

We've gotten a reservation here for Christmas Day, but many of our other choices were closed then ---> http://www.lecoupechou.com/

Pjk

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

With little kids, I would go with one of the chain restaurants. Among those who take good care of children, I would mention Buffalo Grill, Hippopotamus (both of those are mostly steakhouses but not only) or Léon de Bruxelles (specialized in mussels and seafood but not only).

All three of these chains have multiple restaurants all over Paris and have websites with full menus showing all of the prices.

Brasserie Karlsbraü also has a number of addresses across the city.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

Chez Clement is also good for kids, and has some traditional French menus...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

Anyway, nobody goes hungry at Christmas -- you will also see street food everywhere.

Level Contributor
7,679 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

I may be wrong but Le Coupe-Chou(referenced above) would not come to mind as a place geared towards children...it is more geared to couples and romantic dinners. Nice place but not for kids.

germany
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

We will be staying at the Le Pradey in the 1st. Thank you for the suggestions - I am happy to hear that even street food will be available on Christmas day. Does anyone have any recs for a closely cafe to grab a coffee and croissant in our area? I NEED my coffee first thing in the morning :)

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

ParisByMouth just posted their list today....you might want to check out that site...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

If you are staying at Le Pradey, upon leaving the hotel, turn left towards The Tuileries. Turn left on rue de Rivoli, go one block towards the statue of St Joan of Arc on horseback. There are 2 or 3 cafes right there.

Or, you could leave the hotel, turn right and head for rue St Honore, one block in the other direction. Several cafes and restaurants right nearby.

I would check to see if they will be open on Christmas day, but likely one or more of them will be.

If you haven't tried GoogleMaps, and used the little "yellow man" icon to take a virtual walk in any neighborhood, now would be a good time to do so. It's very easy, and has helped ease the minds of many travellers...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestions on where to eat on Christmas day

You will see cafés open everywhere, even on Christmas day. Even when they do not have full restaurant service, they have plenty of stuff for all ages.