We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

Hanoi, Ha Noi...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

Hi everybody

I have an urgent question need your answer. I bought a ticket from Paris to the Airport. Due to my mistake, i have validated this ticket in a metro station. When I come out, there is no validation machine. My question is: Is my ticket still used to get out at the airport station two days later. I validated the ticket on Saturday 21 December but my flight is on Monday 23 December. I intend to buy a metro ticket to enter the station, and then use the ticket validated on Saturday to get out.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 16:38
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
503 Reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,185 Reviews
from US$108.90*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
790 Reviews
from US$123.90*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
628 Reviews
from US$73.90*
Hanoi, Ha Noi...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

Sorry. I have just found in the website www.transilien.com/static/tarifs/billet-unite that the ticket is only valid within 2 hours from the time validated. So I have to buy the new ticket. A lesson for me

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,293 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

The ticket you purchase for the RER B to CDG, costing 9.50€, is validated when you enter any RER or métro station. You then have 2 hours in which to reach your destination but from any métro station, CDG will not take longer than from 40 to 80 minutes.

You do not need a métro ticket at any point in your journey to CDG. Your CDG ticket alone covers the entire trip. Keep it in hand as it is required to exit the RER network upon your CDG arrival.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 17:17
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,811 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

I believe you will need a new ticket for you airport ride. You can buy it in advance, just keep it apart from anything else.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

That's an oops! This is why my DH manages our tickets, I can easily see myself doing this. Good for you for posting about it - I'll bet you are not the first (nor will be the last) to do this.

DH grew up in a big European city where he has navigated metros/trains since childhood and knows that similar-looking tickets are easy to confuse. He has some kind of system (I think it's the only purpose his wallet has when we travel).

5. Re: RER B ticket has wrong validation, urgent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17