We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

As some of you know - I missed my beloved Paris this year - so much so that I wasn't much on this forum.

Today is Christmas Day - I opened my husband's gift to me - which was a print of Amadeo Modigliani of Jeanne Hubeterne - one of our very favorite artists and that we "discovered" together in Paris.

I was afraid to ask - but I said "does this mean I will be seeing the original in 2014"? And the answer was yes!

I am over the moon and already formulating questions to bombard you all with for our 4th visit to the City of Light.....might have to find another spot other than our beloved flat in the 12th - the prices have gone up quite a bit.

Joyeux Noël indeed!! I have the best husband ever!

Hmmmm....thinking about the Hotel Chopin possibly - I hate to stray from the Bastille area that have always stayed, but maybe becoming familiar with another area as our "base" is a good thing! I also would rather stay at a flat than a hotel - ah - just so happy to be coming back!!!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

That is fantastic news, koloagirl!

Don't be afraid to try a new area. Some people become completely hooked on new places after being faithful to another area for a long time. And if it doesn't happen, you'll know where to to the following time.

Edited: 25 December 2013, 22:14
Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Thank you Kerouac2! I am sure you know how excited I am after helping me in past years and then reading my marathon Trip Reports!

I know I am a creature of habit - so I tend to want to come back to the same spot - but it would be fun to "experience" a new area!

I have no vocabulary to describe how happy I am to be coming back! And beware all my questions to come!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Very happy for you! Joyeux Noel!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

So happy for you Janet! And good to see on the forum again. Merry Christmas to you!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Good for you, Janet! Nice husband! He really knows what a girl wants, eh?

Kerouac is right. Doesn't matter where you stay, you'll be in Paris.

You're talking about a hotel after staying in an apt. Does this mean you're not going to look at apartments at all?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

It couldn't be much better than this - and right now I am watching "Midnight in Paris" (for about the 50th time!) on DVD - but instead of crying at the opening montage because I miss all the places shown - I am crying out of happiness knowing I will be back soon!

Sorry - eggnog with rum will get me a little overwrought - more so than usual!! LOL

Question (first of many and I apologize in advance) - is the Picasso Museum scheduled to be open this coming fall by chance?

Malama Pono,

Janet

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

It is! Kerouac just posted something within the last few days. Do a quick search, and I'm sure it will come up with the slated opening month. Or Kerouac might see this and repeat the info...

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"HappyGoin" - no, a friend of mine is actually renting a flat in Paris for $127 a night with washer/dryer (we've never had that) and closeby comparatively where we have been staying - so thinking about that - I will post the link when I get onto my laptop. Here it is:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/183059

I REALLY prefer a flat, so that will be my biggest preference - the flat we were renting has shot up to $170 a night now - which takes it out of our budget effectively. It was just about $100 when we started renting there 4 years ago.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 26 December 2013, 00:49
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Janet, I love the area around the Voltaire metro. The apartment looks terrific.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back to Paris in 2014 - the best Christmas present of all!!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Just started looking, but the one in my previous post is a lot larger than the 2 of us need....this one, located off rue de Lyon in what seems a great area and not far from our 35 rue de Lyon (the previous flat we rented) seems excellent and a better price:

http://www.vrbo.com/45051

I really like the area we've been staying in, and I am very much a creature of habit, so I'm trying to look at flats in the same general area.....

Comments appreciated....

Malama Pono,

Janet