We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris with 13 year old grandson

Highland Park, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Paris with 13 year old grandson

Two seniors will be traveling to Paris for a few days in July with our 13 year old grandson. Can anyone suggest a well-located, reasonable and appropriate place to stay?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris with 13 year old grandson

Are you thinking about a hotel or an apartment? I think apartments work very well when traveling with kids: everyone has more space, ability to have breakfast in, allows for different bedtimes, etc. On the other hand, if this is your first time to Paris, you might prefer the support of a front desk at a hotel for directions, dining recommendations, taxis, etc. Let us know your thoughts, and I'm sure you will get lots of help here.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris with 13 year old grandson

If only staying a few days a hotel does make more sense.

I can suggest this hotel.. it is well located, clean, has a/c and mini fridge in room ( good idea to stock up snacks for 13 yr old boys!!).

Hotel Diana.. great location, walk to many sites..

The triple has a comfy queen bed ( not two beds pushed together like some "queens" and a larger pull out couch. Didn't sleep on the couch myself as we were only a double but got the triple room because it was the only one available .

The room also had a very rare feature for a room in the price range.. a coffee and tea set up..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,693 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris with 13 year old grandson

having traveled to Paris with children this age, let me also suggest that you buy him an Insight Guide or similar illustrated guidebook and charge him with planning a couple of afternoons or one of the days. kids this age are young adults capable of thinking of what might please others and knowing what pleases themselves. you may do something you hadn't thought of and you will be guaranteed a more pleasant traveling companion than if you plan everything yourself.

without my daughter I would probably never have set foot in the British Library in London or the Cluny in Paris -- both of which were amazing. without my son, I would not have seen the aqueduct park in Rome or the John Soanes Museum in London. of course I did get stuck at the London zoo -- but she was very happy there.

4. Re: Paris with 13 year old grandson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 06:18