We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go after Paria?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jupter, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go after Paria?

Happy New Year. We are going to Europe Oct. 2014 for 2 weeks. One week 10/1-10/8 in Paris and undecided about the second week. Was thinking about Brussles...have never been there and it's an easy train ride from Paris, I think. Have to be in Southampton, England on the 15th, cruising back to Florida. We have been to Brugge. Would love to go to Prague, but I think it's too far on the train. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have to been mostly everywhere else in Europe, don't want to rent a car, but would if we had to. Definitely don't want to fly anywhere from Paris.

California
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go after Paria?

I don't know that I'd want to spend a whole week in Brussels, but that's just me... How about the Loire--you could stay in a converted chateau and explore some of the chateaux in the area (Chenonceau, Chambord, Cheverny, Amboise, etc.). Or Lyon? Have you spent time in Normandy (Mont St. Michel, D-Day beaches, etc.)? Or Strausbourg? Amsterdam is a 4 hour train ride from Paris.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go after Paria?

- Prague isn't too far from Paris on train, it's an overnight ride and Czech is a great country to visit!

- Have you considered Germany or Spain? Also fantastic destinations, with lots to see and do.

- London/England would be a natural choice, if you have to end there anyways. London is an amazing city!

- You could always go "crazy" and go on a greek island for a few days too ;-))))

3. Re: Where to go after Paria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 13:48
Edited: 19 January 2016, 13:48
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go after Paria?

op says he has done alot of traveling in Europe so I bet he has hit most of the cities mentioned about. He mentioned Prague and I think that would be a great idea...I would check the best train schedules if you don't want to fly.. As many days as you have will be a wise use of your time and although I have not been there it is on my list. Everyone loves it and different enough from others to be worthwhile. So it may be a bit of a task to get there etc. once you are back to the ship you have nothing to do but relax. I think once in Brussels is enough but just my opinion.

Jupter, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go after Paria?

Thanks, going to look into train schedule!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go after Paria?

The best way to go from Paris to Prague by train is an evening train to a city in southern Germany and then an overnight train to Prague. You'll find out when checking train schedules. The overnight trains run by DB/City Night Line are very safe and comfortable, they should not be confused with other, less reputable night train companies.

Jupter, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go after Paria?

We are going to have a lot of luggage, so we want to contain our movements. We are now thinking of taking the Chunnel to London and do a few day trips. I've always wanted to see the Cotswolds and heard there are some interesting WW II sites to see at the White Cliffs of Dover. Going to pursue that idea...Prague might have to wait until another visit. Thanks!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,903 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go after Paria?

That's a great idea. There are some interesting WWII sites in Normandy too, just an FYI ;-)

London is an amazing city. Even if you've been there before, there is TONS of discoveries (in addition to the daytrips)

9. Re: Where to go after Paria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:18