We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McCafes

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
McCafes

Okay, no, I never eat at MacDonald's in the United States, however, I see chatter online about McCafes being opened in Paris, and you can get coffee drinks and pastries. Does anyone know if the one near rue Commerce (Monoprix across the street) have a McCafe for early morning coffee? It is the nearest Macs to our hotel. Next would be the one near the Louvre. Decent coffee for a reasonable price? Will add them to my stop off list for coffee if they are decent.

Thanks to All.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McCafes

At the risk of starting World War III, NOTHING in McDonalds is decent. And you're in arguably the gourmet capital of the world. Why on earth would you want to stoop to McDonalds?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: McCafes

I have been to several McDs in Paris for their cappuccinos. Cheap and delicious. I always have 2 -- or 3! (Good time to include a bathroom stop.) But the best part? Sitting with all the French families in there, feeling like a part of the neighborhood. (Or at the one near the Sorbonne -- sitting with all the French univ students.)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,889 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McCafes

I've never had coffee at MacDonalds and why would I? In Paris? Where you have a café on every street; and superb pastries that you can't pass without looking.

Just try once and you will never ever want to have it in US.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: McCafes

McCafe is not the same as McDonalds ... they serve proper coffee and fairly reasonable food. You can't put the two in the same category.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: McCafes

ummm. You don't need to. Plenty of reaasonably priced coffee everywhere, support local small businesses!

Paris is not a place to try Mickie D's!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: McCafes

If you are not next to a major tourist site a café will cost between 1.20€ and 2€. However, I have French friends who prefer McDonald's or Starbucks because they get a much bigger cup of coffee for the same price or slightly more.

Independence, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: McCafes

Mcdonald's is a place we count on when traveling in Paris and other cities in Europe. The store on the Champs-Elysses and the one adjacent to Bastille market have cheap swill for coffee BUT, you can sit down and have easy access to a nice restroom plus get a soft drink with LOTS of ice. Reason enough to visit Mickey D's. :-)

8. Re: McCafes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 15:05
Paris, France
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: McCafes

By all means, use McDonalds if you want to, but at least consider trying local cafes and bakeries, as they will be open as well. Someone, who's name I have rudely forgotten, posted a very informative thread relatively recently about ordering coffee in france. A forum search should find it.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: McCafes

Thank you for your response. Answers my question about coffee drinks in these mccafes.