We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

Stopping at Disneyland Paris and then want to stop 2 nights in Paris to do the touristy thing before flying.

Can anyone recommend a hotel, nothing fancy in a tourist area that's decent. Family with 2 kids, needs to have access for train/metro as I believe I can get a train from Disney to centre, and then from centre direct to airport?

We'll be out all day, so not bothered on swimming pool etc. seen a few Novotels around £170 for 2 nights but not sure on the area.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,345 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

You will need a room for 4 people, what is your nightly budget in EUROs? What exactly is the name of the NOVOTEL that is quoting you that for 4 NIGHTS for 4 PEOPLE? You'll get a better response if you give more information.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,112 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

You didn't say when your trip was to take place.... For a randomly chosen February visit of 2 nights, I see Novotel les Halles at 195€ per night, and Novotel Gare de Lyon at 175€ per night....

RER-A from Disney comes into Gare de Lyon and then can connect at Chatelet-les Halles for RER-B to CDG.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

I thought that the majority of hotels were, by definition, touristy. Some hotels rent rooms by the month, others by the hour, but they aren't likely to be on the internet...

UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

Sorry I meant around end of July, and I did say it was for 2 nights not 4, yes for 4 people 2A 2C.

I want it in a touristy place, not out of the way, access to metro/train for tourist days and then for access to the airport for flying onwards.

Sorry can't remember the Novotel. The wife found them.

UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

Still need some help please.

Above details, in an accessible place for transport links from Disneyland Paris, and then we need to get to Orly airport for a 10pm flight.

We will be arriving about 6pm for the first night, be out all day the next day, then hopefully leave around 6pm on the 2nd day after another day of tourism!

As I say I'd like easy access for travel, safe place, not too bothered in frills of hotel as it will just be a bed and breakfast stop really. Budget less than £100/night.

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

France uses Euro, but even though it seems quite little for quadruple room in city centre.

Try to look in Latin Quarter, near the river.

For 4 people to Orly it makes sense to book taxi (~ 35 Euro).

Very few hotels offer breakfast and if they do its rarely worth it.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 01:17
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

MrMister, you could spread a much wider net by telling us how much 100 pounds is in euros. I'm afraid few are going to take the time to look it up if you can't bother to. And it isn't as though you're not going to have to start thinking in euros once in France. So why not start now...

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

If you're looking for a hotel in central Paris that will accommodate 4 people and cost less than 120€ per night (my rough conversion of your £100) during peak tourist season, I think you'll have to take whatever you can get. That's a low price point for that time of year, and family rooms are not that easy to come by. If you see something in that range, Google Maps or a similar website will show you where the location is relative to tourist sites you may want to see.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,847 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

Your budget is very low for a quad room. Many hotels in Paris don't even have quad rooms..and if they do its usually only 2 or 3 out of all their rooms that can take four in one room.

120 euros for four.. averages out to 40 euros a head,, which is only slightly more then most hostels would charge!

I suggest you consider an apartment.. except that for two nights its a bit of a hassle, plus many apartments will not rent for only a 2 day period and if they do they will often charge a "short stay" supplement.. negating the savings.

If you are willing to stay out of central paris a bit.. not out of paris.. but just out of the more touristy centre you may find something that fits.. its either that or raise your budget.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,754 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone recommend a "touristy" hotel around Paris

I suggest looking at www.booking.com for quad rooms or 2 double rooms within your budget.