We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

Boston...
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

Hi. I'll be arriving in Paris with four other family members around 10 am. We'll have anywhere between 2-5 hours to spend before the apartment we'll be renting is ready. The apartment is located near Les Halles. We'll likely be tired from the flight and we'll have a 2 year old child with us. Not very good planning on my part unfortunately.

Does anyone have any advice on how we might spend the time waiting for our place to be ready keeping in mind that we'll be fatigued and we'll have a child with us? I was thinking the Centre Pompidou? Any other ideas? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Les Halles
Les Halles
509 Reviews
Paris, France
Centre Pompidou
Centre Pompidou
5,287 Reviews
Paris, France
Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

Forgot to mention that I'll be arriving in Paris next week!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

I'm not sure Pompidou Centre will want to store your luggage while you're visiting.

Leisurely stroll in the sun and lunch after long travel would be nice, but luggage again.

Have you checked if your apartment is not available a day before, even for a day more rental it would be very convenient.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

It's probably going to take you 2-2.5 hours to get out of the airport and into Paris, so I don't see that you really need much of a plan to go and do anything. If the apartment's not ready, just go to a café for a bit until it is.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,156 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

When this happens to us we go have lunch. This is close to Les Halles and opens at ten --->

http://www.au-vieux-comptoir.com/

Start with coffee and end with a glass of wine.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Les Halles
Les Halles
509 Reviews
Paris, France
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

You really aren't that far from Vedettes du Pont-Neuf so why not get a boat cruise out of the way before you settle in?

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

Usually the owner or manager will allow you to drop your bags, even if you can't get in to the apartment yet. And, if there's no renters departing, I've often been able to get right in to the apartment on arrival. Worth checking anyway.

Failing either of those, do as Janet said and find a cafe.

Boston...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

Thanks for your help. I should have provided more detail. We've already found a place near the apartment that can store our luggage - the owner of the apartment won't allow us to store the luggage at the apartment prior to check-in. The flight actually arrives at 8:30 am, I was factoring in an hour and a half to get into the city, though it'll probably be a little longer than that.

A cafe or a boat cruise both sound like nice ideas. Thanks for the tips!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

And don't beat yourself up too much about any poor planning. Most flights from N. America arrive in the early morning. It can rarely be helped.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

If you have luggage storage, then you have it made! It will be good for the adults (and any children of non-toddler age) to take a walk once you arrive and store your luggage. You really need to stretch your legs and get the blood flowing. If you are staying near Les Halles, there will be more places to eat than you can count. As long as it's not Monday, most places on rue Montorgueil should be open--restaurants, food specialty stores, bakeries.

Mentioned in this post
Les Halles
Les Halles
509 Reviews
Paris, France
Cafe Montorgueil
Cafe Montorgueil
227 Reviews
Paris, France
10. Re: Advice on how to spend a post-flight morning in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18