We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

We will be traveling to Paris in April and I am traveling with an individual in a wheelchair. I am looking for a nice hotel in the 7th that has accessible rooms. Looking for suggestions.

Price range up to $300 per night. There will be a total of three adults. The closer to the Eiffle Tower would be better.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

I don't know about a hotel, but bear in mind that the Eiffel Tower is right at the western edge of central Paris and is not a very convenient location for visiting other sights.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

The Hotel Relais Bosquet has two accessible "classic" rooms on the ground floor, with large showers. The rooms are larger than the usual Paris hotel room.

We love the Relais Bosquet. It is close to Rue Cler, a nice pedestrian market street, as well as other good restaurants. There is good bus service in the neighborhood , and the buses are accessible. The closest metro is Ecole Militaire, but I don't know whether it has elevator access.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,164 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

You may want to start here

…parisinfo.com/where-to-sleep-in-paris/info/…

and here

france-hotel-guide.com/en/disabled_traveller…

Most of the hotels in the 7th have elevators are too small to accommodate a wheel chair.

When considering an "accessible" hotel, you do have to check precise details directly with the hotel, particularly if you have bathroom requirements and want/need to be able to navigate within the room with a person in a wheelchair (aisles are usually too narrow). Ask if there are any impediments, such as steps at the entrance.

You may find it very challenging to find a hotel/room at this late date as April is an extremely popular month and hotels with rooms that are suitable generally have only a few. It may be especially challenging to find a triple room, if that's what you have in mind, within your budget, if it's for the three of you.

There are booking agents, such as

www.sagetraveling.com/accessible-paris-hotels

(I am not recommending any service or this particular one...)

which may save you many hours of searching.

You could also search this forum as many have contributed tips and recommendations for visiting Paris in a wheelchair and where they stayed.

Most recommend that the best way to get around Paris once there is the public buses. Taxis are not necessarily readily available (though you can always book via phone) for three people and a wheelchair because the vehicles are generally compact/subcompact models.

If you plan to travel around by bus (and you should), it would be best to avoid a hotel on a one-way street because buses going the other direction or "home" at the end of the day may require elaborate routing to avoid walking many blocks to/from the nearest bus stop. Best would be a hotel located near a large intersection served by several bus routes.

Also recommend doing a bit of research regarding venues you plan to visit.

Know also that restrooms in nearly all restaurants and cafes require a flight of stairs up or down to visit the restroom, so you would want to plan for that. But, there are public sanisettes all over that are accessible.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

I can't comment on a hotel but can only echo the use of busses with someone in a wheel chair. The only Metro Line that is accessible at this time is LIne 14 - but we never tried that. We loved loved loved the busses !!!

We just returned from Paris 2 weeks ago and my husband was in a wheel chair and I pushed him around Paris 3 of the 8 days.

I can answer questions on some venues/museums and as above mentioned the challenges of going to a restaurant (which we only did once because of the accessibility - but we did have a lovely apartment so we didn't mind).

Again - sorry I have no info on a hotel but can probably help with many other wheel chair related questions for Paris.

philadelphia pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

Hotel de LaTour Maubourg has rooms (a room?) on the ground floor. Wonderful hotel directly across the street from a metro stop.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

soneill0918 - the Metro will not be useful for the OP unless it's line 14.

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

Where you stay ?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
389 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

ncsearch - we had a very small apartment (max. 2 people) that in itself was not accessible. My husband can still walk for very VERY short distances (like taxi to entrance/elevator in the lobby etc.). So the wheel chair was stored in a storage room on the ground floor and the moment he got off the elevator he got in.

Sorry I can't help with accommodations but once you have those nailed down I can - as mentioned - give some tips on how we got around and access to museums and the bus system.

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

Thank you- unfortunately my daughter can not walk at all. Car accident - hit and run driver- she was in high school when it happened. But, it hasn't slowed her down. She earned her PHD and is well known in her field, published author and well respected. We will be in the Netherlands before Paris for a major conference.

I hear that the buses are very good, which we probably will use. I also am going to hire a tour guide that works with the disabled exclusively and he gave me a suggestion of a hotel. Also could use another travel company but- they seem to be very expensive based on conversations I have had with them on cost.

north carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accessible room /hotel in the 7th near the Eiffle Tower

Since we are not going to be there long - the area around the Tower is best for want we want to do. If we were going to be there a week - probably would stay near Notre Dame.