We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

Canada
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Topic
hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

... ok for those of you who may (or may not) have seen my other threads here lately ...

I've kinda narrowed the field down to these hotels &rates:

Millesime - 260e

Hotel de Grands Hommes -255euros

Pas de Calais - 206e

Design Sorbonne -192e

College de France -118e

Hotel Diana - (not booking yet -rateTBA)

... and maybe a couple others.haha..

What's my best choice here?

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

Unless you've got the "extra," I'd say skip the Millesime. College de France would be great IMO. Very popular choice. I saw sarastro (Paris Destination Expert here on TA) recommend the Pas de Calais recently, so I'd definitely trust his opinion if you can afford to spend more. It is definitely in a very nice location.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,796 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

would be easy for me -- all seem fine, so, of the bunch, I'd pick Collège de France because of its rate

of course you may have other priorities and so will need to decide for yourself

Canada
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

anyone else care to chime in?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

The decision is up to you. Choose one that fits your budget and style.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,601 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

I wrote this just yesterday and copied & pasted it here, FWIW

I'm going to re-suggest the Millesime since we just stayed there for the 7th time and both the classique and superior rooms have costs that span your 200 euros / night ---> http://www.millesimehotel.fr/

It's in a great location in the 6th near the river and you would be able to walk to a lot of the typical things - Notre Dame, Orsey, Louvre, Luxembourg Gardens, even the Eiffel Tower. The only thing we Metro'ed to was Montmartre. They serve a nice breakfast and include free WIFI, and you should look at what would be included in a tete-a-tete package for your dates. But whatever else is included it's worth it for being picked up at the airport. And there are enough good restaurants in the area that you might be tempted not to venture out of the 6th for dinner.

Pjk

Illinois
Level Contributor
564 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

It has already been noted that you have already had multiple posts on this same question with many, many helpful responses. Choosing can be difficult, but at a certain point, you just need to choose. The hotel is not the most important thing about your trip. Hopefully, you will spend as little time there as possible, and drop down exhausted at the end of a glorious day. I'm sure anything recommended by our seasoned TA posters would be just fine. Only you can choose what is best for you.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,960 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

If trip is first week or so of June I would be tempted to risk no a/c.. if visit is last week or so of June I would get a hotel with a/c.

I personally would not pay 100 more euros a night for a fanicer hotel.. I can buy some pretty nice dinners out and wine etc with that extra money..

I would choose ( and did) the Hotel Diana.. it has a/c , its well located, the rooms are clean and well put together.. rates will be considerably under 200 euros for a double. It may be a moot point as at this point we don't know if they have availabilty.. its a popular place with those who want budget-moderate hotel.

I also like the look of the Hotel College du France.. the location is great and reviews are good,, but if it doesn't have ac I would take that into consideration.

Hotel Des Grand Hommes is great.. I stayed there and liked it, but I paid quite a bit less, so don't know if I would go that high for it( as I said, for me its alot of extra cash I could use for other things.. extra nights in Paris !!! ) Lovely hotel , very french decor( think wallpaper etc ) modern nice bathrooms, quiet location but near enough to walk to busy areas.

I have not stayed at the Millesimes hotel but reviews look great and location is good.. for me, its just the money again.. so if you have the money , go for it.

Canada
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

thanks pjk. the Millesime is quoting me 260euros for the Classic room for June . Worth it?

Canada
Level Contributor
924 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

any other comments on the Pas de Calais ? or the design Sorbonne?

Level Contributor
8,136 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels in 5th arrondissement .... cont'd!

read the reviews.