We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Hello everyone,

I was looking on Expedia at their different passes etc and one was a Paris Museum and Monument Pass.

Access to The Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Arc deTriomphe and others.

However, when I was reading the 'know before you book' section it says;

Complimentary admission at all museums and cultural attractions nationwide has been offered to EU citizens under the age of 26, upon presentation of proof of age.

Does anybody know if this is correct, and if so where I can get more info on where this exactly includes?

Many Thanks!

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

It is correct.

Show your passport and you will not have to pay to enter The Louvre, the Palace of Versailles and Musee D'Orsay if you are from the EU and under 26 years of age.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

It includes Versailles and pretty much all the state owned monuments and museums. I'm reasonably certain the concession applies to everything covered by the Museum Pass.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Thank you for confirming this! Not sure I want to carry my passport everywhere that is the only problem :/ Even though I've never had anything stolen before in Paris/London/NYC etc, I always worry!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,800 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

you could try with a copy but that may or may not work so you may need to get one of those silly neck wallet things to keep it handy but under your clothes

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

If you take care of your passport in the same way as you do for the rest of your belongings in a big city you will be fine. Pickpockets aren't specifically looking for passports and the concession for people under 26 could save you quite a lot of money. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has done this using a copy of their passport and whether they encountered any difficulties.

Mannheim, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Hi,

does it count if my 26 birthday are in September? Can I also use 26 under rule?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Yes, if you're coming before September.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

Do you have to have a EU address or will a nationality card stating you a EU citizen suffice? The one I got from France states I'm a French citizen, but has my USA address.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

The info states it's for EU residents, but it never hurts to ask / try.

10. Re: Free museum access to under 26 yr olds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17