We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Hi all,

I'll be staying in Paris for a few days in February, wondering if anyone has restaurant suggestions for Sunday night in the Marais / Beaubourg area. I will be staying near les Halles/Etienne Marcel so I'm open to ideas near there also.

I've heard eating out in Paris on Sunday can be somewhat limiting.

Dining alone, which I'm not super comfortable with doing so I'm hoping for a place where I can eat at the bar or at least not feel too awkward..

I'm in my thirties, female and budget is moderate for the evening. I prefer French cuisine although I enjoy all atmospheres - from trendy to traditional, as long as it has character.

Extra points if I can buy a bottle of the wine after dinner....

Hoping to hear some ideas :)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

I mention this since I know it's open on Sunday nights and because you can try cassolet here and it's not very expensive and you will not feel out of place ---> http://www.labrasserie-isl.fr/

Not a very far walk from the Marais.

Pjk

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Another reliable one is Le Pave at 7 rue des Lombards. Open on Sunday.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
486 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Sunday in Marais:...How about Café des Musees or Robert et Louise?....I am deciding which one to go to for lunch on a Sunday....

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

We try to have lunch at Robert & Louise once a trip, generally on the first day in Paris. They are closed one day and open at noon, but if you hit them just about then you can have a great mushroom omelette, sausages, salad, a noisette and end with a glass of wine. If you sit at one of the picnic tables straight inside you can watch the mushrooms being sauteed and then the omelette being made and even the sausages grilling on the grill at the back wall. I want to say "No question, at all," but I've never been to the other choice.

Pjk

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,982 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Another cafe we like in the Marais is Les Philosophes ---> http://les-philosophes.1001menus.com/ They serve a good lunch with an assortment of salads and egg dishes, and we might just sit at a sidewalk table and sip a beer on a nice day - Leffe brune.

Pjk

CT
Level Contributor
852 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

I think Robert and Louis is very overated. I agree re Les Philosophes. Cafe des Musees is open. I sometimes walk across to Ile St. Louis- Brasserie D'Isle (? sp) if I want a quick reasonable dinner and Mon Viel Ami for more of a splurge.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

In regards to dining alone don't worry. I dine alone frequently and I always see other lone diners when I do so, both men and women. Right around the corner from you on the corner of rue Francaise and rue Tiquetonne is a couscous place I dine alone at sometimes. Always full of locals that the friendly owner usually greets by name. Friendly waitstaff too. Won't cost more than 12€ to 15€ for a good couscous that will be too large for you to finish. Nearby on/near rue Montorgueil you can try the restaurants Stuart Friendly (on rue Marie Stuart - really friendly waitstaff and good food), les Petits Carreaux and l'Assiette à Carreaux:

lafourchette.com/restaurant/…20101

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

I'll also add that you should consider the chain restaurant Hippopotamus. I know most people would be loathe to dine at a chain restaurant on their French vacation but most of these people have never tried Hippopotamus. They specialize in beef and it's AOC certified and purchased directly from farmers. The beef is excellent and I guarantee that for the price you won't find a better piece of beef in Paris. They have a 3 course menu (entrée + plat + dessert) for 22€ and the presentation of the food is excellent. There are 2 Hippopotamus restaurants just adjacent to Les Halles and I dine at the one on rue Berger near the intersection of rue du Pont-Neuf. Just ate there yesterday and ate at the couscous place a few days before that.

Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Just wanted to thank everyone for some really brilliant ideas. I've Saved everyone's suggestions for my night out - much appreciated, and always open for more ideas should anyone new see the post :) Now must struggle which one to choose Lol!

Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday night dinner/Solo/Beaubourg-Marais area

Hi all,

First night in Paris - chose Le Pave for my dinner. Was very good! Although I stuffed myself silly. The food is so good (had foie gras with the suggested glass of Lillet, superb, and the confit du canard, ending with a perfect creme brûlée a la reglisse) Price is very good for the quality and service was perfect for a solo diner.

Warm, welcoming atmosphere and not too busy for a Sunday late evening. Good area, right off of Sebastopol.

Thank you for everyone's suggestions, will try all places.